“Best bang for the buck”
Review of Red Snapper Inn

Red Snapper Inn
Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Freeport
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Burnet, Texas
“Best bang for the buck”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We had a group of 17 and no one had a complaint about the food. The service was good, but slow, since we only had one waitress for all of us.

Visited September 2013
Lin B, Owner at Red Snapper Inn, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for the feedback. Normally, if we know at least a day ahead of time we can have more staff available to assist in serving a large party. Staffing is based on the average number of people who come on any given shift or day. Although there is some overlap it is impossible to completely cover every hour we are open with excess staff "just in case" a large party comes in. Fortunately this doen't happen very often. Thank you for your kind comments about the food. i am fortunate that in such cases our staff will do their best to serve everyone and help each other out, no matter how busy we are to ensure everyone get hot food.

Houston
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had our rehearsal dinner here on September 6th. It was excellent! We were impressed with how friendly the staff were and how quick the food came out. The food was so delicious! We loved the crab claws. It wasn't breaded too much and had lots of meat on them. I had the Snapper New Orleans and it was delicious! The portions were big. I didn't hear a single complaint. It was perfect! They were very hospitable. They never pushed us out of the room and they still served our late comers just the same. It was worth every penny.

Kudos to the wait staff and cooks! It was perfect service and great waitresses!

(I do want to note that I'm not sure if it was a mistake, but our names weren't on the menu, but my inlaws were. Not sure if that was meant to be considering they were hosting the dinner, but the hostess did mistake our REHEARSAL dinner as a wedding reception. It was definitely not a reception, it was a rehearsal dinner.)

• Visited September 2013
Lin B, Owner at Red Snapper Inn, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Sorry about the mix-up. I sent a copy of the menu as printed to the in-laws and they were unable to open the attachement. When we proof read the menu and went over details for the dinner the day before, I was told everything was okay, so I printed it. I had asked for your names, but I guess they thought I asked for their names. i apologize for that mistake I should have made myself more clear. I'm happy we were able to be a part of your festivities and I'm proud the staff took good care of you. congratulations on your wedding the next day. I hopr the rain that was around didn't dampen the wedding. God bless!!!
“Wonderful dining experience”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We came on a saturday and it was very busy. I figured that with all the people waiting it must be good! Our server terry was prompt, friendly&good at her job. Her suggestions really paid off. I had a crab&spinach casserole that was dynamite. my new fav thing ever! We will be back.

• Visited August 2013
Lin B, Owner at Red Snapper Inn, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback. I will pass on to the waitstaff and cooks to let them know how well they are doing and how much they are appreciated. We look forward to serving you again soon.
Waco, Texas
“Eh.”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Not sure what it was. Our food tasted really good but my husband and I both got sick during the night and the next morning. Bad coincidence or not we won't eat there agan.

Visited September 2013
Lin B, Owner at Red Snapper Inn, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Amy,
Would it be to much trouble to let me know what you both had. This would let me be able to address your comments. Normally fresh seafood, shrimp, crab, fish, exhibit an amonia smell and taste if they start to go bad. The body has a natural aversion to this so it is very hard to consume those items if they are something that may make you ill. I personally can smell any such odor from across the kitchen and across the dining room and have it thrown away immedidately. We take all such comments very seriously becasue our reputation depends on preparing fresh Gulf seafood to our guests. By responding you'll enable me to determine if we were at fault or something was served that was out of date. Food borne illness has specific timelines and symptoms, some of which are similiar to viral and bacterial infections and symptoms. Simply touching a door handle after someone who is sick can spread a stomach virus. Your comments will allow us to check any concerns you may have.
Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh fabulous sea food”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We ate here twice last week,The service was very friendly and fast.The portions were generous. My favorite was the flounder with artichoke hearts and musrooms in a brown sauce. The baked shrimp with feta and fresh tomatoes was very good as well.

Visited August 2013
Lin B, Owner at Red Snapper Inn, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you letting us know about your food and your service. We look forward to serving you again soon.