“Very Easy to Work With for Group Accommodations” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sunday House Inn

Sunday House Inn
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Longview, Texas
“Very Easy to Work With for Group Accommodations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2010

Sunday House is not the most modern facitliy in Fredericksbury, but the rooms are clean, the rates are good and the staff is excellent.
We have used Sunday House for the last 10 years as the headquarters for a Square & Round Dance week-end we sponsor each year in May. They go above and beyond the call of duty to make our dancers feel welcome and comfortable. They made sure the group had a place to gather during the day and after the dance each night as a group to just visit or play cards and games.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Richardson, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2010

Although the room was simply furnished and appeared to be clean overall, the furniture was junk, the mattress was HORRIBLE, and the Hospitality Room was just plain tacky! Springs in the upholstered chairs were broken, so there was no way to sit comfortably; the fabric upholstery on the loveseat was stretched out of shape and stained (ewwww!!). The mattress was so bad - each time my husband moved, the mattress moved; each time I moved, he was awakened - thus a sleepless night for both of us. The complimentary continental breakfast was fine, but the Hospitality room was so tacky! The upholstery fabric on the chairs was torn, worn and dirty; the carpet was stained; there were no tablecloths on the buffet tables (gross!). Even though there were 2 saving graces (see below), I will never stay at this place again!

TWO saving graces: (1) helpful front desk staff: a lady working the front desk was very helpful by suggesting restaurants and giving directions (2) the location: downtown attractionssuch as shopping, restaurants, the Nimitz museum, etc. are all within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Comfort, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2010

We loved our stay everyone was friendly and we are looking forward to going back! We had a great variety of restaurants to choose from that were within walking distance.The pool was refreshing.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
odessa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2010

The sunday house inn was EXCELLENT! best hotel I've stayed in in a long time. The Staff was so friendly and nice. The rooms where nice and clean and the beds were very soft and comfy. I'd recommend anyone to stay at the Sunday House Inn while in the Fredericksburg area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Harper, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2010

I'm from the Fredericksburg area and after going around to 5-area hotels trying to get a good rate for a reunion I ended up at the Sunday House. It was such a welcome difference than the reception I had rec'd at other local hotels. Not one of them was really willing to work w/ me on getting a good rate. Having a large group coming from all over the US I wanted to keep hotel costs down as much as possible. Most of the attitudes I rec' d were we really don't need to give you a good rate, we can fill our hotels anyway. I knew it would be difficult as this was for Memorial Weekend. I had started in Sept 09 looking for the hotel for Memorial Weekend 2010. When I walked into Sunday House and explained how difficult a time I was having, Judy the sales manager right away said, "Honey, we'll get you taken care of before you leave here today!" She meant it, she gave us a great rate and gave us the hospitality room complimentary. She was so friendly and easy to work with. I was in touch w/ her over the next few months and we just had our reunion w/ 43 people attending. Not only did she give us the hospitality room at no charge, she stocked it w/ snacks! She had made a sign and hung on the wall welcoming our group, bought a cake, fruit tray, veggie tray and two meat, cheese, and cracker trays. I had no idea she was going to do that. On top of that, vases of fresh flowers in the rooms, personalized welcome packets for all and candy in personalized cups. The attention to detail was amazing and much appreciated. The staff in general were very friendly and willing to do whatever right away. I will definitely recommend Sunday House to everyone. It's an older hotel, but it doesn't have a smell in the rooms, they are clean. It has a charm about it and the location is great, walking distance to most places. I left with a great feeling about this place. You can tell they want repeat business.

• Stayed May 2010
Burleson, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2010

I am the travel coordinator for my car club. We travel to various events each year, usually with a group of at least 20 couples. Of all the facilities I have ever dealt with, this is the easiest, most professional experience I have ever had. The facility is convenient, of good quality, and my people all like it. Ms. Judy Schorr handles my business, and I wish all my facilities had a Judy-

Gary Cox
Lone Star Street Rod Assn.

• Stayed May 2010
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2010

service was great! judy was very helpfull and informative . the rooms were nice and very clean . the pool grounds were very well maintained . location was walking distance to shopping on main street . we will be staying their again . we would recommend suday house inn and suites to anyone.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends