“Sunday House..AGAIN”

Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Jones Creek,TX.
“Sunday House..AGAIN”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

If you follow tripadvisor, you will notice that I have reviewed the Sunday House in Fredericksburg, TX. many times. We made another trip to our favorite hotel but decided to try a suite this time at the Sunday House. It was so nice and unbelievably roomy. There is a sitting room with a hide away bed, large stuffed chair, desk/chair and of course the flat screened tv. The next room has a vanity with a large mirror and sink with a spacious counter. There is also a closet and then a private bathroom. Last but not least is a very roomy bedroom with two queen size beds. Also included in the bedroom is a large chest..hiding a fridge and microwave. Rounding out the bedroom is another, must have flat screened tv. The hotel is in the process of updating all of it's rooms and they are very nice. Now I know some of you are thinking that there are several newer hotels and B&B accommodations in Fredericksburg that you would probably like to visit. You are correct. There are quite a few newer hotels. However, the staff at The Sunday House are all so friendly. Judy Schoor is so nice to us. She usually has some sort of goodies for us when we arrive. The price is very affordable and we always enjoy our stay.

Room Tip: I highly recommend the suites. The parking lot is more private and not viewed from Main Street.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Marcia H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We have enjoyed our stay every year for the past 4 years. We have used the breakfast room for our packet pickup for the Enchanted Rock Races and Judy has been a gracious and generous host. The rooms have been renovated and were so nice. Looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Teresa S
Cartersville, Georgia
Reviewed February 3, 2014

convience clean and good breakfast are all there. a little wear but compared to others a great deal. renivations are going on. ask for a room away from that. prices are raised during special events. check you calendar.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rolsto314
Plano, Texas
Reviewed January 14, 2014

loved this quaint hotel. clean, newly decorated. Just a breath of fresh air that we didn't have to pay an arm and a leg for a decent room. Highly recommend. It actually is a motel so cars are right outside your room, so can be a little noisey at times but it didn't bother me enough not to try and stay here again.

Room Tip: choose a room away from the highway and pool
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Spring, Texas
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Stayed here 11/15 & 11/16. Really enjoyed our stay. Will come back and stay again for sure. Be sure to check out the breakfast buffet and sit by the open fire pit by the pool looking out on main street. A great high-lite!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Visited Fredericksburg on Sept 27 and 28 to attend a high school reunion at the Hampton Inn. Having accumulated some points on one of our credit cards, I booked the Sunday House for two nights for FREE. Now, when you're getting "something for nothing", you don't know what to expect. Might this be a broom closet with a hose and an air mattress?? No way! I got a suite! I was supposed to have a roommate, but she couldn't make it so I was there by myself. I was able to park my car right in front of the elevator to my suite on the second floor. I walked into a very nice "living room" with a desk and a nice big TV. On this desk was a welcome card addressed to me with a little bag of candies. There was a dressing area next with a nice long counter, sink and coffee service. Across from that was a closet area and then a good sized bathroom. Next was the huge bedroom with two queen beds and an even bigger TV and another desk.

Everything was very clean and comfortable. Now, this is an older hotel and definitely isn't the Ritz, but there has been a lot of recent renovation and some still ongoing. It is a great location, the staff is very friendly and helpful, and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay here again! Thank you Sunday House!

PS: I had stayed here before in 2007 and enjoyed that stay, too. At that time, the airlines had managed to delay one of my suitcases and it had to be delivered to the hotel. They were very kind to accept it for me and even offered to supply anything I might be missing. The staff just goes above and beyond.

Room Tip: A lot of this hotel isn't serviced by elevators, so if you can't handle stairs, request a fi...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank carsicknot
Giddings, Texas
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We were "put out in the street" by another hotel (Bed and Brew above the Brewery) because we had 2 kids and they didn't allow kids, something that they didn't tell us when we booked the reservation months in advance. Luckily for us the wonderful people at Sunday House do and were so very friendly over the phone while trying to find a hotel and while were checking in. The woman checking us in even apologized for the behavior of the other hotel because she didn't want us to think that everyone here was so rude. Sunday House is in the process of updating the rooms and we were lucky enough to get an updated one which was great and it was also nice and clean. Sunday House is proof that hospitality and customer service do still exist. I'd absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family