“very pleasant & clean”

Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Huffman Texas
“very pleasant & clean”
Reviewed August 2, 2008

In town for a shopping weekend, waited until the last minute to get a room and was very happy to find this hotel had avaiability. The room was large and clean. It was an overnight stay but we were very satisfied with the service.It is walking distance to all shopping and resturaunts what a plus. I would stay here again.

• Liked — large room, clean
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Texas
Reviewed April 13, 2008

Two friends and I went to Fredericksburg. We checked into the room. The room was filthy and a very personal item had been left by previous occupants (Thankfully I did not have my children with me). There were also candy wrappers and an empty tobacco can on the floor, When I contacted the front desk they did say they were sorry, but did not offer to send someone to retreive the item and cleean or give us another room- they were very booked.
When I returned home I sent the management a letter explaining the circumstances and asking for a discount or a refund. The room was also very expensive for what it was ($180). I still have heard nothing from the hotel.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
Denton, Tx
Reviewed April 11, 2008

We stayed at the hotel on Mrch 29. We were all there for my Niece's wedding and we had a lot of family and friends staying at the hotel. The room were ok. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. I think it was overpriced, though. Also, I was quoted one price, but when we checked out, we were charged over $20 more than quoted. Next time, I'll stay next door at the La Quinta.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the price
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank dianalyn
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 30, 2008

Over priced low budget hotel offering. Not atypical for Fredericksburg which has no problem packing people in on any given weekend. Where else can you stroll down main street with beer in hand? Very few amenities offered in the room. Bed was ok, bathroom and towels were small. It is tolerable for a night maybe two. We did not encounter any problems with surrounding noise. Main street location that is within walking distance of downtown is the only plus. Breakfast is offered, but sparse. Donuts, coffee and juice were about the extent of the offering.

• Stayed February 2008
Orange
Reviewed December 31, 2007

On a long disastrous trip from east Texas, we had to make an unplanned stop at the Sunday House in Johnsonville Texas. Nestled in a sweet little town just shy of Freddericksburg, the Sunday House has sat at the cross roads for as long as I can remember. I've stayed there a few times in the past and always got sleep with none of the hotel problems you often inherently get at other locations.
My wife and I had set out with a differant destination in mind, the Wimberly trade days. When we arrived in Wimberly, there was no way I could enjoy that crowd and confusion. Some things just don't mix well. Oil and Water, choclate bars and dash boards, crowds and me and well, I think you get the idea.
So from Wimberly we made a small circle of hotels, bed and breakfast's and even a camp sight or two. I could always run to Wally World for a tent. After a long enough juant to raise my blood pressure, I told my wife we'd just head towards Fredericksburg. I can always find a bunk there someplace! I've been huanting the area too long. Besides, it's grown like an ugly wart on the prom queen lately anyhow.
First stop, Sunday House. Room on the first floor easy access for my wheel chair, nice parking spot and we were in. Absolutely no problems! Well, except for the three old cops on Motorcycles who came in late with "Bad Boys" blasting on their radio. But I got to laughing at them. They were in the same boat I am in. the only way we're gonna be bad is be staying well armed.
Which brings up my 'attat boy' for Sunday house.
I am a long range rifle shooter and have been for some times. For this reason, I generally wear a watch with a slide rule bezel. You can figure distance with one if you know how. Finding a good watch with a slide rule bevel is tough! Paying for one ain't much easier.
Getting up Friday Morning, I place a lighter less expensive travel watch on and thought I had put my shooting watch in my war bag.
Sunday Morning when we got ready to pull up stakes and head out, no watch!
I did a shake down of the room like an ATF agent at a Columbian wedding. No watch. It took me a few hours driving to remember the last place I had it on and the Sunday House was too far off our ammended circuit to get back there, so I wrote the watch off.
Two days later, when I got home, I called and ask if any one had found the watch. Well of course no one had, so I thanked them, they cordually to my name and address stating if they found the watch, they would mail it to me.
If frogs had wings, they'd land much softer! Thanks for your time.
If an item isn't in lost and found when you call four days later, it ain't gonna get there.
Five days later, I recieved my watch as well as a pair of suspenders I had left and hadn't even missed up to that point via snail mail.
I was shocked. Or should have been. I was actually mildly pleased that what I had grown up with, the temperment, character and just plain good of the people of the West Texas Hill Country is surviving the cultural confusion and growth. Fredericksburg is pretty much developed itself off of my places I love to go. It's growing to comercialized and is as bad of a tourist trap as any port of call I made while being chuaffered around by the Navy, Less of course some fo the more tawdry assundries that went with those ports of call that simply haven't filtered in yet.
I have a few huants I'll venture in to make a call on, but it will be a drive though I assure you.
Remeber the Sunday House in Johnsonville on your travels. Give them a stay if you can.
Watch for me someplace west of the Black mountians or points north. I'm seaking an alternate escape local.
Happy trails.

Stayed June 2007
2 Thank ThePainKiller
Texas
Reviewed November 4, 2007

After reading some of the other reviews, I was skeptical, but went ahead and booked at the Sunday House because it seemed to meet our needs best. We reserved the delux suite which had a sitting room and seperate bedroom. It was spacious with a large changing area/vanity etc.

The room was outdated. Carpet was not that great, but overall it was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was comparable to other continentals.

The location is pretty good if you are hanginh out on main street.

Would stay here again as the suite was a good fit for a family of 5.

• Liked — size of room/suite
  • Disliked — price for the quality
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
sulphur, louisiana
Reviewed September 18, 2007

Just returned from a motorcycle tour of the Texas Hill country. Stayed one night at this hotel. When I checked in I wasn't feeling too well. So I accepted the sky high price just to get in bed. I noticed when I accepted the clerk had a look of disbelief. As I said I was sick and did not feel good enough to go any further. There are several other places in town that offer cheaper and better rooms. Now that I am feeling better I regret paying this outragous price. As far as the surrounding area the Willow loop road is a must.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled solo