“great B&B!!”
Review of Corner Cottage B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Corner Cottage B&B
Ranked #10 of 82 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 1, 2013

This is a wonderful B&B, in a great location not far from Main street.
Denis was very congenial host and prepared a very good breakfast.
We did have a bit of trouble with connection to the wireless internet and forgot to mention to Denis (but we just know he will check this upon reading the review)- still rated 5 stars
A great place and wonderful stay-thank you Denis!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Denis O, Owner at Corner Cottage B&B, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Fredericksburg.

Thanks also for letting me know about the wireless issue. I re-set the router and it's working fine again.

Hope to see you again soon at the Corner Cottage!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

My mom and I stayed at the Corner Cottage for 3 nights to celebrate my 40th birthday. The room was very clean and neat. It has a fridge stocked with beverages and amazing homemade cookies everyday. The breakfasts were good too. The owner is a very nice man who gave excellent restaurant recommendations.

• Stayed: October 2013
Denis O, Owner at Corner Cottage B&B, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Joy,

I enjoyed chatting with you and your mom at breakfast. I'm glad your birthday weekend was enjoyable. Complimentary drinks in the fridge and fresh baked cookies are just a couple of the things we do to make our guests feel welcome and special. Whenever you need a break from the hustle and bustle of the big city, come on down to FBG.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

What a great B&B! We stayed in the Blue Moon. It was spacious and extremely comfortable. We loved the cookies that were waiting for us in our room. Yum! It's an easy walk to Main Street for shopping and eating. The breakfast at the Corner Cottage was amazing. Denis makes fantastic homemade bicuits! We will definitely come back.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Corner Cottage B&B. I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Fredericksburg. Whether it's a moms' getaway, anniversary, or whatever, Fredericksburg has something for everyone. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had a wonderful stay in the Blue Moon Hideaway at the Corner Cottage. It was such a comfortable, relaxing and quiet place--much larger than we expected. Everything you could possibly need was provided. The delicious cookies we found on our arrival really hit the spot and Denis' breakfast was absolutely the best. Denis is such a perfect host and so easy to get to know. We really enjoyed visiting with him at breakfast and finding that we worked in the same school district in years past. Our only regret is that we didn't have time to spend more nights at the Corner Cottage. Looking forward to going back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Denis O, Owner at Corner Cottage B&B, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

LInda,

It was great meeting you and your husband. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in the Blue Moon Hideaway. What a small world figuring out we both worked for the same school district in years past! Looking forward to seeing you soon (the cookies will be ready!).

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had a wonderful time at the Blue Moon hideway, we originaly had only planned a one night stay, after arriving we realised that this cosy hideway warrented a second.
The breakfast by Denis was excellent and my wife is still comenting on how good the Home made Cookies from Denis were.
Everything you need for a peaceful and pleasant stay is there. The appartment was super clean and tidy.
My wife says if this cottage was in Germany we would certainly visit it a few times a year to have an very peaceful break.
Top class and full marks.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Denis O, Owner at Corner Cottage B&B, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad you were able to stay a second night and see more of Fredericksburg. The Blue Moon Hideaway truly is a little home away from home. I enjoyed visiting with you at breakfast. I know it is a long trip from Germany, but hopefully you'll make it back!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I traveled to Fredericksburg on business and at the last minute decided to ask my wife to join me for a quick overnight stay. Of course she accepted and even though we were there for just one night we enjoyed our stay in the Garden Room of the Corner Cottage. We will return. It was our first stay at a bed and breakfast and it exceeded our expectations. Our room was very secluded and quite with all the amenities. The only negative for us was that the bathroom does not include a shower, however it does make up for it with a very nice Jacuzzi garden tub. Plenty of room, comfortable bed. Breakfast was good and we enjoyed the company of the other two couples, one from Arizona and the other from Austin. Good times, good company, great price. We loved it.

Room Tip: Only stayed in the Garden Room. It was very nice and in the back of the house so very quite. The str...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Denis O, Owner at Corner Cottage B&B, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

So glad you enjoyed your time here. One day just gives you the chance to scratch the surface of everything Fredericksburg has to offer. Looking forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Corner Cottage. I stayed in the Garden Room. It was the perfect choice for me and my personality! I loved everything about the room! It was cozy - and the decorations - wow! It was amazing that it was decorated with everything I love. It had a little bird cage right by the window (love birds - I own several); it had several old cameras (I'm a photographer); it was decorated in exactly my style and taste. The bed was great - very comfortable. And I loved the quietness of the place, despite being a couple of blocks from the main street.
They also had cats (!!) another love of my life. Itty Bitty Kitty and Toby Jack were so sweet. (don't tell, but Itty Bitty came to visit for a little while!)
Loved the food, as well - and breakfast on the porch was just wonderful! The homemade treats were out of this world, and I even got a box lunch one day :)
I would definitely recommend this bed and breakfast for anyone visiting Fredericksburg.

Room Tip: I actually stayed here in April of 2012, but that date wasn't a choice.... I highly recommend t...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Denis O, Owner at Corner Cottage B&B, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay in the Garden Room. "Peaceful" and "cozy" describe it to a "T"!

Itty Bitty and Toby Jack have passed on, but George the cat still makes the rounds through the neighborhood, stopping by to meow and have his ears scratched!

Looking forward to seeing you next time you come to Fredericksburg.