“First time in a B & B”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Corner Cottage B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Corner Cottage B&B
Ranked #11 of 80 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“First time in a B & B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

My girlfriend convinced me to stray from the traditional chain hotels and try a Bed and Breakfast. I must say that it was like being at home and just as comfortable with all the amenities. Denis is a great host and makes a dynamite breakfast. We also had the pleasure of meeting the previous owner, Marsha, while there. She has passed the property on to someone who has the same philosophy about hospitality and service. The Corner Cottage is perfectly located and QUIET. We enjoyed our stay and will do it again some day. Thanks Denis! Fred and Terri.

Room Tip: We enjoy Twigley's Treehouse but would like to try the Blue Moon Hideaway the next time. Loved...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

My husband and I spent our anniversary in Twiggley's Tree House and it was an excellent experience. We have already told our parents to check it out and we are planning to come back soon. The house was adorable and our room was very cozy. Dennis was incredibly sweet and accommodating. I have a gluten allergy and he made sure to make us foods that fit my eating requirements and he was extremely friendly and helpful during our stay. The experience was much more than we expected and the only complaint we had was that we couldn't stay longer. Also, the location was perfect. We were walking distance from main street but tucked away from major roads so we felt like we were secluded from the rush.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
La Porte, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

We have enjoyed visiting Corner Cottage for over five years now - 8 visits. This last visit (December 26-29) was so relaxing even though we got the surprise of our life. Marsha and Rick Thompson have sold the B&B to Denis O'Leary and his family. But I can tell you from first hand experience, Denis is a very gracious, personable host. As he puts it, "if it isn't broke, don't fix it." The look, the food and the atmosphere are the same. Although I know Denis will eventually make some small changes to this B&B, we have already made our reservations for next year. He and his family are gems. Thanks Denis for your hospitality.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the Blue Moon Hideaway, as it's almost like a cozy one bedroom apartment. Very quiet...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I spent a night at Twiggly's Treehouse on our vacation thru Texas a couple weeks ago. What a great place to stay. Marsha, the owner, treated my husband and I like we were family. The cottage was wonderful. We really did feel like we were staying in a treehouse. Even though we spent the previous 3 nights in an awesome hotel room in Austin, I couldn't help but wish our entire vacation was in twiggly's treehouse! Great location. We walked everywhere. Our only regret was not making time to try out their old fashioned bicycles. The homemade cookies Marsha had waiting for us were great, as was the breakfast on the front porch the following morning. This was such a peaceful and relaxing place to stay...we loved it. Everything was really perfect. Thank you again Marsha.

• Stayed September 2012
Burleson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

I took my wife Marty to the Corner Cottage for a couple of days. We totally loved the stay. The home is in a nice neighborhood and the home itself was beautiful.
Marsha and Rick were very friendly and made us feel very comfortable.

We're going back next spring !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bruce J
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

I just realized that I forgot to put in my review after I stayed at this lovely retreat in July 2012.
I couldn't neglect saying that the stay was perfect, just like the other reviews said it would be.
The owners are charming and pay attention to all the important details. While I did not get the opportunity to meet the host, Rick, I sure had the pleasure of enjoying his wonderful homemade cookies that were delivered in a basket daily. Marsha is the sweetest lady you'll ever meet, full of information and makes the most delicious french toast using a unusual combination of secret ingredients that will be divulged only after you try to guess them (you'll never guess them either).
The B&B is different than some in the aspect that each accommodation in actually a little cottage with completely private entrances. You can have complete privacy here except when you gather for breakfast. The prices are unbeatable, less expensive than most in the area, and certainly beats staying in a boring generic hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TexasTraveladdict
Pineville, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful 3 night stay with Marsha and Rick at the Corner Cottage. It was a "triple treat" because we moved to a new room each day, so we got to experience the special personality of each one. All of the rooms were cozy, comfortable, and were equipped with jacuzi tubs.
We enjoyed a gourmet breakfast on the front porch each morning, fresh baked cookies in our room each day, ice and lemonade available anytime on the porch, and a fridge stocked with drinks. We also had a picnic basket packed for us at lunch one day, since we stayed 3 nights.
We had a wonderful time meeting other guests, taking in the shops and restaurants, hiking, climbing, antiquing,parks, etc.
We can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Each room was wonderful, but our favorite was Mrs. Twiggley's Treehouse.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple