“Amazing Bargain Tucked Away In Quiet Area”
Review of Corner Cottage B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Corner Cottage B&B
Ranked #12 of 80 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“Amazing Bargain Tucked Away In Quiet Area”
Reviewed April 9, 2011

My friend Mary and I stayed here on Friday night. The couple that own and operate the place are AMAZING. The attention to detail in the room was phenomenal, the service was unbeatable, and they are among the most interesting couples I have met in my travels. We felt we could have sat and talked with them on the front porch for days on end...if time only permitted.

The breakfast cannot be described - it was so far beyond amazing I cannot find the words, but I can say that it was definitely not the typical stale cereal and cheap juice one often finds in 'continental breakfast' at hotels and such. It was definitely the best breakfast I have ever had on the road in my years of extensive Worldwide traveling.

The rooms are very spacious, and superbly decorated - it truly feels as if one is at home, not on the road in a typical hotel. The location couldn't be better - within walking distance of the shops, breweries, and restaurants on Main Street, yet after 7pm you could hear a pin drop...absolute quiet. Being a resident of a large city, I am not accustomed to that, and was so pleased! You won't be disappointed in this one! I am now trying to find excuses to get back to Fredericksburg, just so I can stay with them again.

Bryan

Room Tip: Ask about the decor differences in all 3 rooms
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2011

Wow, what a place-Marsha treated us like we were part of her family! The room was absolutely spotless and full of surprises (homemade cookies were my favourite!) and breakfast was one of the best eating experiences I have ever had! I can't wait to go back one day....

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Marsha and the Corner Cottage are the bomb! Her French toast is to die for!! She treats you like royalty and the cottage is immaculate ! Very quaint and a fun, cozy place to stay! Will definitely return!

• Stayed February 2011
Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 16, 2011

My husband and I decided to make a quick one night getaway to Fredericksburg and were very lucky to find the Garden Room available. The price, compared to some of the other high ranking B&Bs in this area, couldn't be beat. Marsha and her husband were excellent hosts- very friendly and accomodating. The room was spotless and the amenities (fresh baked cookies, wine, sodas, movie library, in-room kitchenette) were plentiful. The bed was very comfortable (and I'm almost 9 months pregnant), and the home cooked breakfast was delicious! Our only regret was that we couldn't stay another night. Thanks Marsha for your hospitality!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Austin, TX
Reviewed January 18, 2011

In the Peanuts comics, Linus was always seeking the most sincere pumpkin patch, where the Great Pumpkin would visit at Halloween. I don't know about pumpkin patches, but I have found the most sincere Bed & Breakfast - The Corner Cottage in Fredericksburg.

What makes the Corner Cottage such a special place can be summed up in three words - Marsha, Marsha, Marsha! Marsha is a most hospitable inkeeper who made us feel like part of the family from the moment we arrived. Marsha is a creative decorator who has made each cottage unique, cozy, and special (especially Miss Twiggley's Treehouse where we stayed.) Marsha is a master breakfast chef, whose pride in her recipes is evident in every bite. And Marsha is an entertaining storyteller who delighted us with tales from her amazing life.

Staying at the Corner Cottage turned a simple getaway weekend into a once-in-a-lifetime experience. We plan to go back soon, to make it a twice or three times in a lifetime experience.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Andrews, Texas
Reviewed November 29, 2010

My wife and I felt so welcomed and comfortable right off the bat. Marsha's hospitality is amazing. The room was very clean and contains all the amenities that you would find in a high quality hotel suite. The bedroom contains a fireplace for great ambience. The location is excellent. Short walk to beautiful downtown Fredericksburg. The breakfast is to-die-for! We have found the perfect B&B experience.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 29, 2010

The Corner Cottage B&B provides the perfect romantic getaway without breaking the bank. Marsha is truly the Paula Deen of Fredricksburg Texas! We were beyond pleased with everything from her delicious cooking to her good ol' southern hospitality. After the first night, you feel like you're family. We are overworked city slickers (born and raised in Houston) so this was the cherry on top on our country relaxation vacation. We will definitely return!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple