“THE place to stay in Fredericksburg”
Review of Hoffman Haus

Hoffman Haus
Ranked #7 of 80 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Rockwall, TX
“THE place to stay in Fredericksburg”
Reviewed September 25, 2009

The management and staff at Hoffman Haus spared no effort in making sure our stay was as enjoyable as possible. The room was clean and comfortable and the service was excellent. The grounds of the Hoffman Haus are serene and private. The location was convenient to downtown, making it possible to walk to shopping and dining destinations. I wholeheartedly recommend this B&B as a great place to stay when visiting Fredericksburg.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
askchris
Reviewed September 22, 2009

Great room and in an excellent location. Very nice accommodation and the bed was very comfortable with an array of reading material. We were in very close proximity to the main street which is a great plus. We stayed at the farmhouse.

The gourmet breakfast was a let down though. It was served late which wouldn't have mattered had it been served hot. But it was cold! We received a picnic basket with two plates only. The two plates consisted of waffles with peaches and a dollop of whipped butter or cream with 2 slices of bacon. No syrup!

The plate was cold, the waffles overdone and even burnt a little. And, we didn't get any syrup! It was late and we were hungry, so we basically just ate the bacon, and left the waffles. I think my husband ate a couple peaches, but we were really disappointed as I was expecting a hot breakfast.

Overall, we were happy with the room and friendliness of the staff lived up to our expectations. Just don't count on the breakfast.

Reviewed September 21, 2009

We had a wonderul time at the Hoffman House. We were greeted immediately upon arrival and enjoyed a wonderful massage treatment right on property right after check in. Complimentary cocktails and appetizers on Friday also helped to create for a relaxing atmosphere we were looking for. What a welcome!
We stayed in the newly remodeled Weber Haus and enjoyed having our own little house to ourselves with many great amenities. Overall a great experience and what a great area to explore in beautiful Fredericksburg!

Reviewed September 20, 2009

When I arrived, they informed me there was a business conference going on on one side of the premises so they "upgraded" me to a very large, spacious suite called The Alamo. This suite had a jacuzzi, DVD player, cable, and a very large, comfortable bed. I had a question about something, and the staff went right up there and took care of it. The owners, Hugh and Leslie, are a great couple. They and the staff gave plenty of information about where to find what I needed down there. I also highly recommend taking advantage of spa therapy available right there. It's a great place to just go if you want to take some time in a place like Fredericksburg and just relax. Leave all the deadlines at home. I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 10, 2009

I have been to Fredericksburg many times and there are many wonderful places to stay, but I must admit that Hoffman Haus was the perfect place for my mother and me this past Labor Day weekend. We stayed in the Morningstar which is one of the more expensive rooms because of its size. However, it was well worth it. It is half of an old 1800's cabin and is really huge. The room was so comfortable and pretty. The staff was friendly and accommodating and they had a lovely reception for everyone on Saturday night with wine and food that actually ended up serving as our dinner! My mother has food allergies and they were so careful to accommodate her both at the reception and at breakfast the next morning. The other thing I absolutely loved about this B&B is that they did not have a 2 night minimum (even on a holiday weekend!) and we were able to stay just Saturday night which fit in perfectly with our plans. They also have a spa! - which I was not able to fit in this time around but will definitely be trying out next time. The B&B is within walking distance from Main street. Another big plus! Thank you Hoffman Haus for a wonderful stay!!

• Stayed September 2009
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed September 1, 2009

The Hoffman Haus was by far the BEST bed and breakfast I have ever stayed in. My fiance and I came to Fredericksburg for our wedding and wedding weekend. We had friends come from all over and most of them stayed in some part of the Hoffman Haus, as well. I cannot say enough good things about our stay. Every morning we were brought a hot, delicious, homeade breakfast, by Lilly. It sure is something to be able to eat such a wonderful breakfast in your room while in your pajamas. Even when I was tired, I would jump the second I heard the knock at the door because I couldn't wait to see what Lilly had put together for us that morning.

Every evening, when we returned, our cottage was cleaned, beds made, and fresh towels were in the bathroom. Thank you Leah.

The entire atmosphere of the cute, quaint cottages, exceeded our expectations and made it so easy for us to walk on the grounds between rooms. We loved the happy hour and appetizers on Saturday. We got a chance to chat with each other as well as other guests. We even invited some people we met to join our group in our wine tasting the next day.

The ladies in the main office were so polite and helpful as well. They were there to answer any question and accomodate us in any way. We chatted with them several of times in the Great Hall.

If you are planning a trip to Fredericksburg, please plan on staying at the Hoffman Haus. I know my husband and I plan on returning as much as possible to relive our wonderful weekend with friends and family. We hope to see all of the smiling faces that we met on our wedding weekend and hope to relax in the same, cozy feel of the cottages. WE LOVED IT!!!!!!!! Thank you, Hoffman Haus!!!

Reesa and Brian McFarlin

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Frisco, TX
Reviewed September 1, 2009

The Hoffman House is located in a great area right off Main St. We were thrilled with The Texas Bunkhouse room, the bed was very comfortable and the large windows gave the room great natural light.
We were there for a wedding so I was able to check out several rooms that our friends were staying in and it would be hard to choose a favorite. The rooms are all so unique and nicely furnished.
The staff is really what sets this place apart though, they all seem to really like what they are doing and it shows.
Lilly was so friendly and really takes pride in her wonderful food creations. Breakfast was always prompt right at 9 am and delivered to your room in a picnic basket, the strawberry shortcakes and dutch baby were outstanding! After 3 days I didn't want to go back to the real world where my breakfast was not waiting for me in a cute basket.
Leah was also very helpful as well and I really enjoyed chatting with her.
I also highly recommend Gabrielle for a great masssage, this is worth making time for. She is excellent, and I have been fortunate enough to have massages all over the US while traveling for business and she is definitely at the top of the list.
We very much enjoyed our stay here and will be back again in the near future.

• Stayed August 2009