“Clean and soooo comfortable!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Das Garten Haus Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 82 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 7, 2014

This is one of the nicest B&Bs I've ever stayed in, and I've stayed in many. The Garden Suite was delightful, very private and so comfortable. We had a separate lounge area with kitchenette, and a spacious bedroom.

Lynne had coffee, tea, and fresh baked cookies available in the kitchenette upon check-in. The bed is the best with a pillow top just like home, and the nicest linens! The bathroom is a bit tiny, even for two smallish people, but newer and extremely clean.

Breakfast was outstanding with generous portions, served in the main part of Lynne's beautiful period home. I only wish I could have finished it all! And we wish we could have stayed more than one night. I'd definitely stay here again if we ever get back to Fredericksburg.

Overall an extremely comfortable stay. Lynne was a very gracious and welcoming host. We appreciate her flexibility in check-in time too.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cynthia R

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Beautiful property, gracious host, very comfortable stay with THE MOST amazing sit down breakfast with china and crystal. Next time, we will not bother looking for anything else! Location is very close to Main Street. Lynn sent us restaurant guides as soon as we booked. Overall a very satisfied stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Niru993
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I am very impressed with my stay at Das Garten Haus. After making our reservation I recieved a delightful email from Lynn with an attachment of Fredericksburg area restuarants that she recommends and informed us that for many of them, reservations would be strongly advised. Nice to know in advance!

First, leaving Houston on Friday of a holiday weekend during rush hour proved to be an almost insurmountable task, so I called Lynn and informed her that we would not be arriving until pretty late (~10pm). She went ahead and gave me the necessary details on where the door to our suite was located, where to park, and where to find our room key. So we could basically self check-in. Upon our arrival we found everything just as she described and there was even a welcome note taped to the outside of our door AND delicious cookies waiting for us inside, as well as water, juice, and coffee grounds in the fridge.

We stayed in the Garden Suite, which is downstairs in the main house. The bedsheets are like cool, cotton-butter (if you can imagine). Seriously divine. The bathroom is pretty tiny, two people cannot stand in there at once, but we didnt mind at all. I found every aspect of the room stay to have been well thought out by Lynn and Kevin (There were even two brown face towels with a note directing you to use them for makeup removal, I suspect so you dont stain the nice, white hand towels. Very nice!).

Breakfast both mornings was phenomenal!! Lynn seriously steps up breakfast in a major way. And the portions are veery generous. Saturday morning we had a mixed fruit cup with some homemade fruit dip/topping, followed by a plate conisiting of macadamia and carmalized coconut topped french toast, cheddar jalapeno sausage, and an herbed hash brown. Sunday was a baked pear, then a plate of seared ham steak, home fries, and a spinach/red pepper/feta frittatta, AND fresh cranberry-orange scones with a homemade apricot preserve to top it off with. Seriously this place is worth it for the breakfast alone. Cannot recommend Das Garten Haus enough!

Room Tip: There is a suite disconnected from the main house if you want more privacy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CJPalace
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I feel so lucky to have found Das Garten Haus. It was even better than I expected. My husband and I had the apartment with a king bed, small refrigerator, sink, microwave, etc. Lynn and Kevin (the owners) have thought of everything that one might need and supplied it. The apt. is approx. 13' wide and 27' long (which includes the separate bathroom). My 90-year-old mother-in-law was across the courtyard in a junior suite consisting of a queen bed, shower (no tub), and a separate living room with full-sized refrigerator, microwave, big sink, couch, easy chair, etc. The bedroom is approx. 12' x 18' and the living room is 9' x 20'. Both units had excellent air-conditioning and plenty of hot water. The courtyard in between our units was gorgeous with plenty of seating areas all covered by hugh trees. Everything was spotlessly clean and the atmosphere was very cozy. The lighting was great. I have been places where it is so dim that one could barely see much less read. This is last but not least. Lynn and Kevin could not have been more gracious. Lynn prepared delicious breakfasts every morning. I hope to return to Fredericksburg and if I do, this is where I will stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ToriBarry
Reviewed May 8, 2014

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay Das Garten Haus! The breakfast Lynn made was delicious! The room was charming and very clean. It is conveniently located a short drive away from the large wineries. We will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank JCHAMPTON525
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stayed in the upstairs suite with another couple and we loved it. It was roomy with a very cozy feel to it. The rooms were well kept and clean. Breakfast on Saturday was AWESOME. There were some odd circumstances that led to buy having breakfast on Sunday, but Lynn made us aware of this well in advance and discounted our rate a bit to make up for it. Lynn was very cordial and maintained good communication with us right up until we arrived. We would definitely recommend this B&B and would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Chris C
Reviewed April 21, 2014

This was our second visit to Das Garten Haus, and once again we were very happy. We stayed three nights and was well taken care of. Lynn has a real knack for making you feel welcome and she is a great cook. We were in the garden suite this time and it was really nice. We enjoyed having a living room to set in after days of photography and wine touring. This is a very clean B&B
and will stay again when we visit Fredericksburg again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple