“Don't miss Alamo Springs Cafe!”

Alamo Springs Gen Store & Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Dallas, Texas
“Don't miss Alamo Springs Cafe!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

A yummy hamburger on a fresh jalapeno bun and a cold beer in the middle of the Texas hill country, yes please! The drive out to Alamo Springs is as good as the atmosphere once you're there. The bikers, the city folks, the newlyweds, the hippies, all in a chilled low key country place with a gourmet menu. If you can time it right, stop by to watch the bats fly out for the night on your way to dinner. Or head out for lunch and plan to stay a few hours if the spring or fall. Trust me, you won't be in a hurry to leave ;)

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank FrostJourneys

Dallas, Texas
“Great stop on your way to Luckenbach”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This is a cute little dive that is in the middle of nowhere when you are headed somewhere. The food is very tasty, the live music is a delight, and the staff are friendly folk. We came for dinner from Fredericksburg on our way to Luckenbach and were so glad we did.

Visited March 2014
Austin, Texas
“Great burger in a throw back atmosphere”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I finally found the time to detour off the highway to Fredricksburg and make my way to the Alamo Springs cafe for "one of the three best burgers" in Texas. The burger was great (get the Cover Burger: jalapeno bun, plus avocado, grilled onions, and green chilies). The onion rings and fries are large portions and great as well. That said, what really stood out for me was the historic building and simple, plain, country atmosphere that is a throwback to earlier times. The wait staff were very friendly, helpful, and worked hard to please.

While this is clearly a great burger and I'd put it in my top ten, take the country road drive, slow down, and make the journey back in time. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank rustycat83
Fredericksburg, Texas
“The curse of fame”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

First trip back after they were awarded best burger in Texas. The place was busy and we expected that. What I didn't expect was a severly undercooked burger. I sent it back. If you bring a customer something undercooked and they send it back please put it on a clean plate when you bring it back. If you think about it undercooked meat is a breeding ground for bacteria those drippings from that meat is still on that plate you just put my burger back on. Even then it was still undercooked.

• Visited February 2014
San Antonio, Texas
“Love the family atmosphere”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

This place has been a common restaurant for us since our arrival in 2009. As a biker and traveler, I love good food. I have gotten to know many of the staff, Missy is a riot and I always look forward to seeing her. As for what this place is not: It is not fast food. You want that, go 12 miles to McDonalds. This is not a large chain restaurant, so do not expect the common fare. Do not expect 5 star fancy dining with waiters that fall at your feet and plead for your money. What this is: a great family restaurant that cooks great food and has a family atmosphere. Trust me on this, if bikers eat here, its not crap!

• Visited March 2014