“Excellent Accommodations for a Road Trip”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Four of us, three adults and one 6 year old, stayed at this location on Saturday, June 7. As we found ourselves nearing FBG after noon and before the check in time, I called ahead. Heidi was very pleasant and accommodating. She checked for our room and took my phone number so that she could call us when the room became available even before the regular time for check in. We were amazed to find a huge room that was furnished with a sleeper sofa in addition to the two beds. Also, a large counter and sink accommodated the wet bar, refrigerator, and coffee service. The bathroom area also had a separate counter. My grandson thoroughly enjoyed the pool and its hot tub, water slide, bridge, and other play features. Finally, I was surprised to find that drinks in the vending machine cost only $1.00, unusually low price for hotel vending. My only complaint was the price, but we stayed during peak time.

Given the customer service, spacious room, comfortable furnishings, and fun pool area, we highly recommend Hampton Inn in Fredericksburg for family stays during road trips.

Room Tip: Above first floor facing the south ( parking lot ) are quietest.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank BillM551

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Fredricksburg a long haul from Kansas, but this Hampton Inn was excellent while we were there. Located within walking distance of Historic shopping District; very clean and up to date; great Breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank BradlM
Reviewed June 6, 2014

First we were told to move our legally parked truck with the handicap placard displayed, because we were "blocking the handicap ramp". The manager didn't even know where the ramp was until I showed her that it was on the far side of my truck and it wasn't blocked. In the words of the staff, "If you snooze, you lose." don't bother going to breakfast after 9am, there is none. I am a huge Hampton fan but, I will not stay at this property again. We had to move the furniture to plug the tv in both times we stayed there. The only thing this hotel has going for it, in my opinion, are the balcony rooms.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, ask for a balcony room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank SDBlackmon
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I always enjoy staying at a Hampton Inn, mostly because their service and quality are consistent throughout most of their properties. This one did not disappoint. We arrived a little too early for check-in, so they politely offered to call us when the room was ready. Within the hour, we got the call and promptly headed back to check into our room. Check-in went smoothly, the lobby is nice and clean, and we headed up to our top floor, end-of-hall room (just as we requested). As usual, the room was nicely appointed, simple and clean with a comfortable bed. We loved our balcony, and were initally worried that it would be too noisy, but we had no trouble with noise or sleep quality. Breakfast was good and adequately stocked, and check-out was smooth and simple. We would certainly love to stay again -- can't beat the quality and location for the price.

Room Tip: top floor at the far end of the hall
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cstokely
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Nice rooms, nice breakfast and nice lobby area. Useful launderette (you need to be well supplied with quarters). Handy for town.

I thought $180 a bit steep for one night, but Fredericksburg does strike me as a premium kind of place, so perhaps that's the going rate.

Fredericksburg itself is very attractive. I wouldn't have minded another night.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FreakwentFlyer69
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Everything was great except the breakfast staff. They did not check to see if serving pieces were empty. They had to be told several times to fill the empty servers. The view from the balcony was wonderful. The front desk clerks were very helpful and willing to please.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
2  Thank Jim B
Reviewed May 27, 2014

The first thing I noticed when I walked into the lobby is the fresh clean smell. Not an overwhelming "in your face" strong bleach smell. Just clean. When we entered our room, it was the same pleasant smell. We enjoy coming to Fredericksburg to get away from our home town which is 3 hours away. We enjoy the shops, wineries etc. This hotel is on the edge of the shopping district. It is an easy walk. We enjoyed sitting on our deck and watching the world go by. The bathroom was clean and well appointed. We had a shower with a door which I like. I'm always a little afraid of falling when I have to step over the edge of the tub. My only complaint about our room is the loveseat was a little worn and didn't have much support, so it wasn't very comfortable to sit on. Breakfast was ok. I don't understand why people complain about breakfasts at hotels. It usually has more options than I have at home, so I enjoy something different.
I watched the price of this motel at the same time as another that I like and noticed that as I got closer to the date I would be staying there, the price dropped. When I started my search 3 weeks ahead of time the other motel was less expensive. I booked this room about 7 days before my stay and the room had dropped to $40.00 less per night than the other motel. Woo Hoo! More shopping money!
I would stay again. My biggest priority is cleanliness and that was apparent from the moment I walked in the door.

Room Tip: Third floor room had no overhead noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple