“Nice stay”

Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Bismarck, North Dakota
“Nice stay”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had a pleasant 2-day stay. Room was in good shape, place was clean. Rates are reasonable. Everything went well. Reservations were done correctly. Had a small fridge that was handy. Large bathroom in the unit I was in. Some remodeling had been done since the last time there. Will be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Glenn M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I needed a get away, but finances were somewhat restricting. We found this inn after calling around a bit, and the owner's wife answered the phone and gave us a great price and even a military discount because my boyfriend is in the army. We got here to check in and the lady in the office, not the owner's wife, was not too pleasant to deal with. She told us what the total for our two night stay was, and the price had gone up $10 a night from what we were told over the phone only 4 days before. I questioned it and she just said that the owner's wife must have given us the wrong price. She didn't apologize for the information mishap or try to fix it...just ran the credit card anyway. She told us where our room was, and informed us that if we leave to double check that our room was locked because sometimes the lock doesn't work...that was the most help she was, but it isn't very comforting to know that my lock occasionally doesn't work. We got to the room and noticed two other locks on the door...ya, those didn't work at all. The high, weather wise, for the weekend is 63 degrees and when we got here it was 54 outside. We tried to turn the heater on and the smoke detector went off...we had to take the battery out so that we could turn the heater on. The room itself is cute...needs to be updated, but suites the budget and two people. It has a kitchen area with a mini fridge, stove, microwave, and coffee pot. The bed was comfortable, and sheets were clean...cleanliness is my biggest pet peeve. Some of the furniture was starting to break and probably needs to be replaced. Our room is connected to the office, so we hear every time someone goes in or out. Overall, I think we are going to save up a little more money to stay at a nicer place next time because my expectations from other reviews I've read were shot when we got here...mostly because of the office worker and her unpleasant attitude.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Courtney J
Corona, California, United States
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We have been on a road trip ( 4 couples. ) we didn't want anything real expensive but I am kind of picky. I wanted somewhere CLEAN. I wanted to feel comfortable. Our rooms fit the bill perfectly .
It was like being n a quaint little home town cottage. I loved it. It was clean and modest country decore. Lament flooring, upgraded counter tops, large flat screen TV . We stayed in room 8. Our group had 4 rooms, one other of the rooms had a nice TV as well but the other 2 did not. The air conditioning was a room unit , it worked good , it was a little loud but did not bother us. We both had a relly good sleep and felt so refreshed in the morning. We enjoyed sitting out on the patio chairs having coffee in the morning.Very friendly & helpful staff. Colorful flower sheets & Towels. Nice little gift shop inside with unusual Tea pots from England. Worth much more than cost! I never saw a bug there ( so thankful ).

Room Tip: If you want a good T.V in your room make sure you ask for one. We had room 8 & liked it. I think...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Karen S
central tx
Reviewed June 22, 2012

My brother and I spent two nights at the Inn and had a great experience.Nice antique .And a taco stand across the street for an awesome breakfast.Did have one hang up about the reservation.Whether I made the mistake or them it wasn't resolved very well.I had reserver a double and when I got there all they had was a single .No sorry ,kiss my foot or anything.Every place in town was sold out and they wouldn't let me out of the reservation without paying full.I had contacted another place the day before that had a double but had to turn it down because of the no getting out of the res.Other than that pleasent stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Paul S
Arlington, TX
Reviewed April 3, 2012

A great motel, set in the 50's. Everything was excellent, comfortable beds,great pillows, clean bathrooms (with pink tile), plenty of coffee, quiet area. If there is a problem after 9:00p.m. ( when the office is closed) the operator can handle any problems. Clean rooms and clean parking area. We will stay again and again. Thanks to the owners for everything! Completly updated.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Dollyjean2000
allen tx
Reviewed December 6, 2011

I guess you get what you pay for. If your not looking for perks and just need a place to lay you head this fits the bill. Overall is is a bit "tired". Could use things like new curtians, the bathroom one had holes, and for Gods sake please rip out the filthy carpet. Hasn't been cleaned in forever!! I can't say I wouldn't stay here again, the price was right, but I'll go into it knowing next time.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lauramil
Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We were going to Fredericksburg to climb Enchanted Rock and needed a place to stay for two nights. I started looking online and most of the places were close to $200 per night by the time you added tax and fees. We didn't want to pay those kinds of fees for an inexpensive weekend out. A friend mentioned they had heard Miller Inn was supposed to be reasonably priced and clean. I made the reservations. The inn itself is an unassuming one story motel. We were a bit leery but went to check in. The young woman at the desk was straight out of the south with her charm and hospitality (and southern accent). We went to the room that was assigned us and opened the door to an extremely clean, cottage type room. While the room was not very big, it was exactly what we needed. We were surprised to find a kitchenette with stove, refrigerator and sink in the room as well as the microwave and coffee pot with tea bags and coffee. The bed had a wonderful firm mattress covered with ivory quilt featuring rosebuds on it. There were 4 very comfortable pillows. The skirt around the bed was a type of lace. The whole effect was charming without being too feminine. The celling was vaulted giving the impression of a larger room. Everything was sparkling clean and ready for us. The hostess had turned the air conditioning on hours before so the room was cold when we arrived. There were several chairs out on the front porch so my husband could smoke in comfort complete with a sand pail. The inn is located conveniently on Main Street making it easy to go anywhere. We will definitely be staying there again the next time we go to Fredericksburg! This is the perfect place if you are looking for a clean, inexpensive room with a nostalgic feeling and genuine southern hospitality.

Room Tip: The rooms closest to the street are a tad noisier but not so much that it will keep you awake. The...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple