“Not Again.”

Ranked #41 of 143 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: NAVAJO GRILL We are a unique dinning establishment nestled deep in the heart of historic Fredericksburg, Texas. Our unusual blend of Hill Country craftsman-style architecture, modern finished and Southwest inspired design is only the beginning. Every detail blends to create an unforgettable dining experience. Whether you prefer the more formal dining inside or the casual atmosphere of our rustic limestone patio bar, you'll enjoy Southern cuisine that has been perfected with an old and new Mexican influence with a touch of New Orleans & Caribbean flavors.
Reviewed July 22, 2009

We ate here a few years ago and had great service with great food. We were in the area and were so looking forward to dining here again. We drove out of our way about an hour to have a meal with our family. First - can we just have a plate of bread! The single piece of bread was gone in a single bite. Second - PRESENTATION----I have plated better food for guests at my house than what they served. Actually, Chili's presents quesadillas better than NG. They must have run out of crab for the crab cakes because they were so small you could hardly notice them on the sea of mixed greens. Third - TASTE. I am sorry but $33 for a filet mignon that I have cooked better on my grill at home. All food was bland with no taste at all. I bet the mashed patato's came from a box. We skipped the deserts. Enough said. Oh, I forgot, the Iced tea was good.
I hate to write a review like this but I felt it was a total waste of money. Very disappointing. Maybe it was an off night but for us not again.

1  Thank trip_travel9988
There are newer reviews for Navajo Grill

Reviewed July 2, 2009

The restaurant we had planned on going to for dinner was closed the weekend we were in Fredericksburg, so we decided to stop in at the Navajo Grill after looking at the menu online. I started with the corn soup and my husband had the house salad. Both were very good! The goat cheese on the salad was to die for! For dinner, I had the pan roasted chicken which was very juicy and served with corn and asparagus. My husband had the bison sausage stuffed quail which he enjoyed also! I tried the chipotle chocolate pie, which could have been a little spicier, but still very chocolatey! My husband had the Kahlua martini dessert drink, which was so good he ordered another one while I was in the restroom! All in all, very good meal and very good service!

Reviewed June 29, 2009

Having been to Fredericksburg many times, the cost of food and lodging
in this small Central Texas town, is no surprise. What was a surprise was
the quality and quantity of food at this restaurant, which always receives
rave reviews. Our group of 3 couples went early so we could go to the
Rockbox Theater at 7 p.m. After we ordered drinks, the waiter came
around with the smallest piece of French bread I have ever seen. It was
just enough to make you mad. The butter was so scant, it came in 2 small
cordial glasses. When my salad came, it was 5 lettuce leaves and some
cheese and was screaming for dressing. Both my husband and I ordered
steak and they were terrible. His was ordered "charred and medium rare."
It was cooked to an inch of its life. After we shared a tiny creme brulee,
the check came. Our bill was $113.65 and the Navajo Grill added a 20%
gratuity for a total of $135.15! We were also billed for coffee, which we did
not have. I was so hungry afterwards, I seriously considered going to
MacDonald's for dinner. Our other four dinner partners felt the same way
about the Navajo Grill. We don't mind paying, but they really ought to give
you a decent meal.

1  Thank Jeflee
Reviewed April 26, 2009

We ate a lovely dinner here - family and friends. The specials were phenominal - tuna and lamb. They seemed to be a bit short staffed as the wait was a little long for our order, but the owner came and thanked us (and other tables, we saw) for their patience. It was nice to not rush through the meal and have time to talk though.

The fish was served rare and was perfect, melt in your mouth. My mom's lamb was some of the best she said she's ever had - and she's a "lamb snob." :) We we shared the chocolate dessert and it was well worth the workout we're doing today to burn the calories. So rich, dense but sweet.

We wish the service would have been a little more prompt and friendly, but it was good enough. The food was very much worth it. We enjoyed this and will be back again.

Reviewed April 16, 2009

To start, hubby had a cup of tortilla soup, nice and thick and well seasoned and I had the salad with goat’s cheese, which was dressed lightly but tastily. We split the succulent stuffed quail, which was served with roasted asparagus and fluffy corn grits – sounds awful, was wonderful – the whole meal was perfect for two fairly light eaters. We also had a glass each of local wine, the Becker Fume Blanc and Fall Creek Cab. During our meal we were serenaded with mellow man-and-guitar music on the outside patio. A lovely, peaceful and flavorful meal in a romantic setting. The total bill was $64.66 before service which we thought was very reasonable.