“Fabulous”

Navajo Grill
Ranked #34 of 137 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: Southwestern, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: NAVAJO GRILL We are a unique dinning establishment nestled deep in the heart of historic Fredericksburg, Texas. Our unusual blend of Hill Country craftsman-style architecture, modern finished and Southwest inspired design is only the beginning. Every detail blends to create an unforgettable dining experience. Whether you prefer the more formal dining inside or the casual atmosphere of our rustic limestone patio bar, you'll enjoy Southern cuisine that has been perfected with an old and new Mexican influence with a touch of New Orleans & Caribbean flavors.
“Fabulous”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Everything about this place was top notch!! Cannot wait to come back. We had a reservation and all was perfect

• Visited August 2013

Houston, Texas
“We come back every year”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This place is soooo nice and quaint. It's decor is really hip. The chef is top notch. Food presentation was like fancy schmancy. I got the shrimp and it was superb. The waitress remembers us every year. She is a delight and told us she's been there 14 years. I think this is the very best restaurant in town. A very special place. We had a reservation.

Visited August 2013
El Campo, Texas
“Patio dining a must!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful meal here out on the patio near the waterfall. Great atmosphere. Excellent cocktails. Amazing food. Overall a really great experience our first time in Fredericksburg.

Spring, TX
“Worth every cent!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was a wonderful meal from beginning to end. We started with perfectly made dirty martinis served, as it should be, in a chilled glass. Our salads were crisp and all ingredients were fresh. We both had duck which was prepared perfectly with a delicate sour cherry sauce and the sides, kale and wild rice, were just perfect. But the dessert may have been my favorite part of the meal. Citrus pie - a tart lemon custard in a finely chopped pecan crust with a brulee' topping. Yum. Our server was attentive without being overbearing and everything was served and presented beautifully. Will definitely make this a stop every time I am in Fredericksburg.

Fort Worth, Texas
“Not impressed!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This had such great reviews that I felt we had to eat here. Wow was that a wrong move! We had reservations but decided to eat on the patio as it was so beautiful. That is the only thing I ended up really liking. The food was good, but not great and definitely not worth the prices. I have no problem paying for a really great meal and have done so several times at the #1 rated restaurant. First off, the service was horrible. No one could get a refill on their drinks without waving wildly at the server who kept talking with his buds at the bar. My kids could not get refills on their drinks either. We had the goat cheese and the crab puff appetizers and was fairly shocked that there were only two little crab puffs on the dish but we had a ton of salad under them. My daughter had the hot and crunchy shrimp. The breading while good completely overpowered the shrimp so you did not even know you were eating shrimp. My son and I had the filet mignon and while it was decent, it was not the best I have ever had and both were overcooked. My husband had the skillet duck breast and we were not impressed. Duck is notoriously difficult to make and they obviously had issues. It was not horrible but not great either. Combined with the awful service, it was not worth the trip. After I paid, I went to the hostess and explained that we had awful service just for her information to maybe mention it to the manager. Her response was that if I had not already paid she could have done something about it but then pouted prettily and begged me to give them another try in the future. I will not!