“food was amazing”

Ranked #35 of 138 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: NAVAJO GRILL We are a unique dinning establishment nestled deep in the heart of historic Fredericksburg, Texas. Our unusual blend of Hill Country craftsman-style architecture, modern finished and Southwest inspired design is only the beginning. Every detail blends to create an unforgettable dining experience. Whether you prefer the more formal dining inside or the casual atmosphere of our rustic limestone patio bar, you'll enjoy Southern cuisine that has been perfected with an old and new Mexican influence with a touch of New Orleans & Caribbean flavors.
texas
“food was amazing”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

There is no mistaking where you are in terms of the decor--upscale hill country fare--art on the walls, animal skins on the chairs... The restaurant is comfortable and attractive (if you don't mind sitting on a hide) but it is the food that distinguishes this place. I have been disappointed by high end restaurants in the area, but this one is off the charts delicious. Close your eyes and you could be dining at a top restaurant in any U.S. city.

• Visited July 2012

Houston
“Slow start but ended well”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I went to this restaurant to celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary. I was excited by the menu and couldn't wait to try the food. We made reservations for Sunday at 7:30p. When we got there, there was no one to seat us. No big deal, I thought. Then, a few minutes passed and even though waiters could see us and another party of 3 waiting, no one acknowledged us. I started thinking we were in for a bad experience. Finally, the hostess arrived and was very cordial. She didn't apologize for us waiting but she was very nice.

We were seated on the patio. I loved it. I like to eat outside whenver possible. Though this restaurant is on Main street, you would never know it because they've maintained the landscaping to hide the view of the street. It feels secluded and private.

The food was what I expected. Delicious! We didn't have any issues with our food at all.

Despite the very small hiccup in the beginning, we thoroughly enjoyed this restaurant. Our server was very attentive but not in a way that was overbearing.

• Visited October 2012
Comfort, Texas
“Back to a favorite”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Love this restaurant since its inception downtown with Steve Howard. First visit was New Year's Eve about 12 to 14 years ago. Mike Raymer and his superb chef son, Josh Raymer, have carrie it forward with wonderful foods of all types. Excellent wine selections. Very friendly yet unobstrusive staff. Thinking of it makes me hungry again!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank April L
Houston, Texas
“Second Time Was Not A Charm”
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

We ate at Navajo last year during the Wine Fest and our food was great with a few bumps (my steak was not cooked right), but the server was apologetic and brought me a chocolate martini as a peace offering! This year 5 of us went for dinner and 2 of us did not like our meal. My friend even sent hers back and asked not to be charged. The server did take the meal off the bill, but I noticed she added 20% automatic gratuity to the bill! I didn't think about it until after the fact, but there is no way she should have done this with a party of 5 and because we sent an uneaten meal back. Not to mention, the bill was inflated with bottles of wine. Needless to say, that has left a bad taste with me. The atmosphere of this restaurant, particularly the lovely patio area, is great. Also, is very well located on Main Street just down from town center. May give it another try next year, or may try something new...

1 Thank TouristaDeTejas
Fort Worth, Texas
“Food Good, Service lacking”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The food was outstanding and we will likely go back. However, we must say the service was lacking. Our server delivered our food and pretty much never looked back until we were done. I had to ask a busboy to freshen our drinks. Ouch!

Visited October 2012