“Cool looking patio area”
Review of Navajo Grill

Navajo Grill
Ranked #44 of 143 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: NAVAJO GRILL We are a unique dinning establishment nestled deep in the heart of historic Fredericksburg, Texas. Our unusual blend of Hill Country craftsman-style architecture, modern finished and Southwest inspired design is only the beginning. Every detail blends to create an unforgettable dining experience. Whether you prefer the more formal dining inside or the casual atmosphere of our rustic limestone patio bar, you'll enjoy Southern cuisine that has been perfected with an old and new Mexican influence with a touch of New Orleans & Caribbean flavors.
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I believe this is more of a 2.5 stars. I more than likely won't be back, but there were some good features. I do like the fact that I could make a reservation for two of us. Being a large tourist town, this was an important value added feature. We arrived at 6.30pm for our dinner date. The place was filling up pretty quickly and that concerned me a little bit. They have a large seated patio area and an outside bar. We opted to be seated inside. Many tables around us were also filled shortly there after.

They had a couple of specials listed on a separate postcard and a drink card as well. Our waitress was polite and informative. Definitely a career server. We ordered the marinated texas goats cheese appetizer. Double pork chop and a filet for the wifey, and a couple glasses of wine.

The goat cheese appetizer was a large serving with home made pepita flatbread. It was quite tasty and we made the conscious decision not to eat it all so we could enjoy the rest of our meal. Fresh bread was being brought to the table constantly as was the constant filling of our waters. A little irritating, but we didn't run dry that's for sure! Our entrees came out and they were impressively presented. We also got a side of Green Chile Mac and Cheese. My Ancho mashers were whipped nicely but unfortunately my chop was a little dry and overcooked. Our waitress mentioned they would prepare it medium. The meat closest to the bone was a little better, but overall it wasn't what I expected. Suzie's filet was cooked perfectly and had great flavor. The Mac & Cheese was creative but nothing out of the ordinary. I expected it to be a little more spicy than it was.

Overall, I couldn't help to feel that the kitchen got slammed with all the patrons being seated about the same time. The table across for us, a 6 top sent an entree back because it was cold and it took almost 45 minutes to get our entree from when we ordered. Our tab ended up being $109, which is where I definitely feel a little underwhelmed by our experience. It could of been a lot more, but like I mentioned we just had two glasses of wine. We may pop in and check out the bar scene when we are in town next time we'll see.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Enjoyed a late dinner there in late September. First time visit, with no reservations, but we were pleasantly surprised in were seated promptly. Probably because it was relatively late in the evening. The waiter was superb, as we carefully explained entrees. Nice wine selection and the waiter allowed me to taste 2-3 wines before choosing. I had a nicely prepared seafood dish and my wife had a pasta. The seafood (I think it was tilapia) was fresh and quite delicious... even though we were a long way from the ocean. My wife didn't particularly care for the pasta dish, however. Very relaxing atmosphere.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

My Husband and I went to The Navajo Grill last Saturday Night! I started with a Honey Lemon Drop.....What a way to start a meal! It was delicious and so was everything else that we ate that evening. I had the quail....Excellent!!!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Our service was good. We ordered beet salad, garlic kale, and split the quail and sirloin special. The quail and sirloin were both excellent. Nice atmosphere. Good place for couples.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Red Head Hostess not a very good greeter..personality did not rub us well Eve the waitress made up for it... Salmon not so good The Prk chop sine coffee and creme brule were very good..

1  Thank Amaris R