“Beautiful Wedding at Trois”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Trois Estate at Enchanted Rock
Ranked #28 of 80 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Houston, TX
“Beautiful Wedding at Trois”
Reviewed May 13, 2007

Well, I am very surprised to see any negative reviews of the Trois Estate. I especially don't understand the person who stayed there one night and said not to have a wedding or reception at Trois. I did have my wedding and reception at Trois, so perhaps my review will have a little more validity...

If there is one word that best sums up the property, it is "unique". If you are expecting the Intercontinental Hotel in downtown Manhattan then I would suggest you go to Manhattan. This is a true piece of Texas Hill Country with many worldly and historic influences. It is a work of art and my new wife and I loved it. There is still some monor construction in progress, but it did not distract from at all from the special experience we had or the beauty of the property.

We had approximately 50 wedding guests. All that I talked to loved the candlelit service and reception, and five people have told me that it is the coolest/classiest/most unique/most intimate wedding that they have ever been to. Rebecca is absolutly fantastic. She is a gracious hostess, superb chef, and invaluably helpful wedding planner. Her warm, genuine smiles, advise, and flexibility made the whole experince a pleasure to plan. Her and Charles are both wonderfully pleasant people. We had driving rain, snow, and ice which put a damper on our plans to move to the rooftop winebar after a sitdown dinner in the restaurant. Rebecca very smoothly and at no aditional cost relocated everything to the dinner theater which is amazing. We had no standing water in our room that night from the rain as one of the reviews noted.

We absolutley loved the bridal suite. Very intimate..candlelit...rose petals on the bed...you get the picture. We had children staying in one room adjacent to ours and were never bothered by noise from "thin walls". As for noises later at night, we heard none. I suppose it is possible that the people next to us heard our noise, though (it was our wedding night you know...)

I could not ask for a better wedding experience, and we plan on spending our anniversary at Trois for years to come. I would definately give this place a try if I were you!

• Liked — Beutiful property, wonderful staff.
  • Disliked — Blizzard on my wedding day.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jamesmaglothin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
franklin,tn
Reviewed April 23, 2007

Magnificent. This is how I would decribe my TWO stays at Trois Estate at Enchanted Rock. It's just beautiful. Rebecca and Charles welcome you into a masterpiece of artistic talent and a very comfortable environment in which to relax. The way I would describe it: alittle Spanish Villa, a touch of Tuscan and a spash of the Wild West. The collections of Western antiques is UNBELIEVABLE. All of the furniture is hand-created by Charles...an artist who must be possessed by the spirits of many artists from the past. Rebecca has been particulary welcoming to me and my friends and family on both visits. I feel like we are old friends. Her culinary skills are masterful. She has prepared the most wonderful Shrimp Scampi for me on both visits as well as the succulent Filet with Wine Sauce. The rooms are comfortable and luxurious. I love the big king-sized bed with the hand-made bed with thick,comfortable spreads and the canopy. My daughter and I enjoyed relaxing in the grotto. The next day she and her cousins had massages and facials. They just loved it. The view from the top of the restaurant is just unbelievable. Rebecca and Charles are living their dream and they are kind enough to share it with anyone who wants to be there. I think the fast-paced life people need to slow down..take the extra time and learn to enjoy the natural beauty of Trois estate and ALL that it has to offer. I will make it back to Rebecca and Charles' place at least once a year......To me...its magical.

Lisa Mays Franklin, Tennessee

Stayed March 2007
3 Thank tnGourmet
austin, texas
Reviewed March 13, 2007

Please do not expect perfect service or accommodations from the Trois Estate. It was not worth the price paid. I would definitely not trust this place for your weddings and receptions either.

We stayed here for a Sunday and Monday night.

Upon arrival, we were greeted by one of the employees. He gave us a tour of the grounds. The place is rustic and has a lot of "artistic" qualities to it. There are great views of Enchanted Rock as promised, plus some collections of cap guns, mounted exotic animals, and a "Dinner Theatre."

To get to the underground grotto, you have to walk down stairs and through the chapel…which was cool. Unfortunately, during our entire stay, the grotto pool's heater never worked as promised. The grotto also smelled like a large zoo or public aquarium. There is also a lot of on going construction on the property, which detracts from the overall beauty of the place…it's very much like an unfinished painting…or work of art.

The first night we stayed in one of the smaller rooms. This room was dark (no windows) and smelled strange. The walls are very thin, and you can hear almost everything your neighbors do in the room next door. There was a torrential downpour of rain during the evening, causing flash floods on the property. We spent most of the night shoving bath towels under the door to stop the water from coming in. One of the day managers told us that we would receive 15% off the price of this room to make up for the fact that we had standing water in our room for most of the night.

After a long day at Enchanted Rock, we returned to Trois Estate and moved into the "Bridal / Honeymoon" suite. It is by far the largest of the guest rooms on the property. There is a king sized bed, a smaller than advertised whirl pool tub (which is in the living room), a dining room table, and a larger bathroom. Unfortunately, the main windows face in to the courtyard, so you have to close the drapes for privacy from the other guests entering the restaurant. The walls are very thin on both sides of this room. We spent most of the evening and morning (5am-8:30am) listening to a family of five scream and yell in the room next to us.

The final morning, we wearily got out of bed to go and get our complimentary breakfast. The chef was there, but the food kitchen was locked…so he was late in preparing our breakfast. They were also out of regular coffee…sorry coffee addicts. The screaming family also ate breakfast next to us...which was a joy.

The owner of the property finally appeared to apologize for the rainy night and the screaming family next door to us. Only after I brought it up, did she agree to take off 15% off the price of each night for our troubles. This saved us roughly $65 off of a bill of over $500…which included one dinner.

Overall, this was a disappointing experience. The Trois Estate is in a great location, but lacks the finished qualities and service that make a great bed and breakfast. The food was good, but not worth the $125 spent for dinner. The majority of the employees were very nice people, and it seems like the owners are trying their best. They need to hire a "professional" hotel manager to whip this place into shape!

• Liked — the views and breakfast
  • Disliked — thin walls and broken grotto pool heater
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank travelingAggie
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed February 28, 2007

My wife and I were married in Austin after Christmas, and I sought out Trois Estate for what I hoped would be a romantic, albeit brief, honeymoon of a few nights before we had to return home after New Year's. I accepted at face value their "Luxury Bed and Breakfast" claim and was excited about their proximity to Enchanted Rock, and thus disregarded some of the worrisome comments I had read here and elsewhere about the construction and lack of service, etc.

Ahead of time, all was fine. They offered unrestricted use of the underground grotto pool during our stay, so as the desired nights were available, I booked the bridal suite -- their most expensive room -- well in advance. Communications were prompt, and their staff was professional.

Unfortunately, that was as good as it got. We drove out to the Trois Estate the day after our wedding. Upon arrival, we found a musty and dark (bridal suite) room, a facility which had a very half-finished feel to it with construction materials and debris cast about in many areas of the property, and a pool heater which had been out for "about a month" while the owners were away travelling Europe, according to the staff. (Scratch use of the underground pool!)

As our room was simply depressing and the ambience of the b&b left much to desire, we immediately packed up our things and drove the four-hour return trip to "honeymoon" at home. Their policy for cancellations "10 days or less prior to the arrival date of your confirmed reservation" states that "you will be charged full price unless we are able to rebook your reservation dates." I have no idea whether or not they rebooked our room, but would assume they did not as I was in fact charged for the entire stay. Therefore, know what you're getting before you book with these folks. A visit ahead of time may be well advised, as your expectations may in fact be quite different than their concept of "luxury" and you are not likely to see any of your money back. In any event, spending almost $300 (nonrefundable) nightly for time in your own bed just leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

• Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank Trousseau
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 15, 2006

Read the previous review, and had to respond... my wife and I stayed at the Trois Estate (Fredericksburg, TX) in May2006, and had a completely different experience... we looked past some very minor issues and had a spectacular time! Although there was (and likely IS) still construction on-going, and there was a connecting door to another room (which is where the "thin walls" idea comes from), these minor inconveniences are just that... minor inconveniences!!! We are talking a Bed and Breakfast here... someone's own home?!

Regardless of minor inconveniences, the Trois Estate was fabulous. My wife and I were (granted) a bit nervous as we drove up...seeing construction made me wonder if it was the right place... But as we parked, and went into the restaurant to check in, we quickly realized that our concerns were for naught. The Trois' have a magnificent home, and their guest quarters are awesome. Like something out of an old west tale, the quarters are in an adobe form, with a central courtyard and covered veranda/balcony (that encompasses the entire roof of the quest quarters structure). The views of the surrounding hillside (and Enchanted Rock) are breathtaking, and the property as a whole is astounding. Mr. Trois appears to be almost manic in his obsession to create, and he has the vision to build simply amazing structures. In one corner of the estate, he built a replica of the Bird Cage Theatre (remember the movie Tombstone?)...my wife and I cannot wait to have a party in that place! And the underground grotto pool and the underground chapel(both of which Mr. Trois built)... one word describes them both: WOW! And the room in which we stayed? VERY comfortable... look at the website! That's how my wife and I decided to stay there... the structure/home is just fantastic.

Something to consider is not only the wonderful location and the tremendous facilities, but also the "pulse" of the home: the host and hostess! Mr. and Mrs. Trois are extremely gracious, and Mrs. Trois makes the stay a delight. I think I may understand one of the reasons why Mr. Trois married Mrs. Trois... She is a chef of some apparent renown, and the food she served my wife and I was SUPERB! ...

So...was our stay spectacular? ABSOLUTELY! We intend to go back in the future... to heck with Fredericksburg(although we do intend to go to Chocolat again, as well as to the microbrewery and to the wildflower place)... we just want to stay at the Trois Estate again!

• Stayed May 2006
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 4, 2006

Spent $200 on a room at The Trois Estate in Fredericksburg, TX. Was promised much but the place was such a let down. We had to manuever through tons of construction on the property. Were given absolutely no welcome or tour of the grounds. The grotto (the property's main attraction) was busted and no one bothered to tell us. Our massages were cancelled because the therapist didn't show.
But the thin walls were the worst feature of Trois Estate. We could hear our neighbors talking, clinking glasses, going to the bathroom, and yes...having sex. Over and over again. We left early and still had to pay full price!!!
DO NOT STAY AT TROIS ESTATE AT ENCHANTED ROCK!!!
It is a rip-off.