“Trois Estate at Enchanted Rock is an incredibly magical place that you will not want to leave.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trois Estate at Enchanted Rock

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Trois Estate at Enchanted Rock
Ranked #46 of 81 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2009

My first experience to Trois Estate was for dinner by myself. I wanted to check out the venue my son and future daughter in law had chosen for their wedding and I was traveling on business to San Antonio so I thought I would go a little out of my way traveling from Houston to see why they found Trois so special.
I was taken in by the feel of peace from the moment I started the 15 minute drive from the town of Fredericksburg up the hill to Enchanted Rock and The Trois Estate.
I was welcomed into the Troisi Italian Restaurante like I was family and was served a big glass of cabernet and asked if I would like a tour of the property. I could not believe my eyes and was completely amazed by the museum quality collections and uniqueness of this property.
Then I had an amazing pasta and filet of sole for dinner. It was magnificant. Before leaving for the evening I had the pleasure of meeting Charles Trois who is the mastermind behind the Tuscan illusion of the property and the blessing of meeting his wife Rebecca Trois who puts her heart and sole into everything going on at The Trois Estate. And believe me there is a lot going on.
My husband and I went back and stayed in November for five nights for our son and daughter in laws wedding. All of my family also stayed on the property and we had the most memorable family event that I can remember. We each left The Trois Estate a little more at peace with our worlds and so blessed to have had the experience that Rebecca provided to us.
I could go on forever about how beautiful and intimate and perfect the wedding was.
And I can also tell you that I have just returned from a nights stay at Trois Estate with my daughter in law and we shared the same beautiful experience again.
We are also planning a family reunion and New Years Eve party at Trois Estate.
I have never been to a location that I felt drawn to keep going back but this is the place and I have traveled to many parts of the world.
I strongly recommed Trois Estate for any occassion.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jc02

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
san antonio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2009

My husband and I were looking for a quick getaway that was not too far away from us. By chance I found their website and as soon as I clicked on it, I was totally taken back by the beautiful pictures. Tripadvisor gave it great reviews, so we booked it. I am soooo glad we did!. The place was a bit of Santa Fe, Old World Charm and Texas Country all rolled into one. We were lucky enough to meet the owner, Rebecca. She was so gracious and even gave us a tour of her home. Fantastic! The property is amazing and HUGE. They are also doing construction but none of it was loud or intruded on our stay. The staff was superb! So friendly. The chef, John, was so much fun and the food was incredible. We stayed for dinner and it was so romantic and intimate. I think our stay was better since it is off season so we really got to wander the place and get to know the staff and owner making the stay that much better. It was cold at night and were able to get an upgrade to a room with a fireplace. The room was cozy and filled with antiques and the owner's, Charles, artwork. This place is so close to Enchanted Rock and the view was AMAZING. A real piece of heaven on earth. It is about 18 miles north of Fredericksburg so you really feel in the country and the stars at night are overwhelmingly beautiful. My husband and I didn't want to leave. We will definitely be coming again to visit!

• Liked — The location, the staff, the view, the food, everything!
  • Disliked — They are building a pool which will be great for summer
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SanAntonioWinesalot
San Antonio Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2009

The website for the Trois Estate is nice, but it doesn't begin to do the place justice. There is no sign at the gates of this B&B estate because if they advertised their existence, the waiting list would surely be years long. Trois Estate is more like a little village than a B&B, though it has all the normal B& B comforts. First, the people who run this place are exceptional hosts and make you feel like family. Second, Chef John, who was trained at Le Cordon Bleu in France, among other culinary accomplishments, will ruin you for ordinary 4-5 star restaurant food. He balances everything perfectly, and every dish is, well, memorable (if you’re not a foodie, meals are rarely “memorable” in this way, my family keeps talking about his meals). Also, he comes out to chat with you, and greatly adds to the hospitality provided by the Trois family. I could go on and on, but it’s best just to experience this place for yourself. The rooms are beautiful, the atmosphere relaxing, Rebecca’s tour is amazing and the spa. . . well, I didn’t get a chance to go to the spa, but now I have the perfect reason to go back! : )

Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank happycamper37
BR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2008

Such a cool get-a-away in the Hill Country. The meals were fabulous! The hospitality was great. The tour of the collections was awesome. Everyone was so nice and welcoming. We had a great time and will for sure be back!

Stayed November 2008
1 Thank NRA_Dave
houston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2008

We had a magical stay at the Trois resort because of the ambiance which was felt both in the rooms and the estate. We really enjoyed the cap gun museum and touring the reception hall and dinenr theatre.

The only few caveats were
1- that the B&B is growing so much that we did not enjoy the personal attention that the other reviewers talked about. Specifically besides a casual "hello" when we passed them on the grounds, the owners made no effort to introduce themselves. 2- We have strict dietary restrictions and no one seemed to care. The waitress at breakfast hardly spoke English so did not understand that we were wanting to know details about the breakfast before it was prepared (since we couldn't eat half of it anyway..). We finally received one piece of toast each, which was not enough for breakfast (I am a small person but definately need more than that to start my day) and the waitress did not even ask if we were satisfied or wanted more of anything.
3- The pool is supposed to be 78 degrees. we were there on a hot August day and it was too cold for us to enjoy, though the atmosphere in the cave was really special and we enjoyed sitting by the pool.

The place is growing and 3 more units and 20 guest rooms will be added within the next year, as well as an outdoor pool.
* Note the new B&B rooms all have windows (uinlike the current rooms, most of which only have a window on the entrance door).

• Liked — ambiance
  • Disliked — very small tv/vcr, no attention to special dietaryy needs,
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank aga31
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2008

Trois Estates in Fredericksburg, TX is a wonderfully, romantic venue to spend any vacation!!! Rebecca Trois is the best hostess and so genuinely sweet you will want to return again and again! I got engaged @ Trois and highly recommend visiting Trois Estates if you haven't already!! My fiance' and Rebecca personally worked out all the details to my make engagement truly unique and one-of-a-kind AND it definitely was!! We will be visiting Trois Estates again real soon!!

• Liked — EVERYTHING!!!
  • Disliked — Does not apply...everything was wonderful!!!!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LAM25
Austin, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2008

My husband and I stayed at The Trois Estate for two nights and are already planning our next trip there. What an enchanting place! You feel like you have driven into an Spanish village when you arrive. We stayed in the Vasquero room and really enjoyed the cowboy/indian decor. We both loved the grotto pool too. Breakfast and dinner were excellent. If you are looking for romance and some solitude, this is the place for you.

• Liked — Scenic and quiet.
  • Disliked — A/C did not work very well.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple