“Relaxing Time”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Trois Estate at Enchanted Rock
Ranked #29 of 82 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 18, 2012

After reading about Trois Estate a couple of years ago my wife and I have been wanting to go and spend some time there. We have just returned from a two night stay at the estate's bed and breakfast and were more than pleased with the whole experience. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. Rebecca Trois was very gracious and personnally gave us a tour of the facilities. Breakfast each morning was a treat. Prepared by Chef Leo, the food was prepared to excellance.

On weeknights the restaurant is closed except for those B&B guests that wish to eat there. We did this one evening. We were served one of the best meals we have ever eaten. The five course meal was prepared and served by Chef Leo who also explained each course.

Although rustic, we were pampered and every need was met. We plan to return soon with friends and family.

Room Tip: Some rooms have only a shower. check room information online if you want a tub.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alan T

Reviewed December 16, 2012

My fiancé and I had a wonderful stay at the bed and breakfast. Excellent staff, beautiful views, like it's own quiet little community. Great for a weekend get away! We ended up booking our wedding there, but we received great service and treatment by all the staff even before we had booked it. We can't wait for our special day at such a romantic get away.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Located 16 miles from Fredricksburg this rustic bed and breakfast is so secluded and quite you would think you are are in an adobe villa in another country.
The breakfast was awesome and the view I
Of enchanted rock was great.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2012

The visit to this estate prompted me to register my first ever review of a restaurant. I visited the restaurant with 5 friends during a trip to Fredricksburg. We chose to eat at the restaurant after much research. Unfortunately it was the worst decision that we made.

When trying to find the estate the evening of our reservations we had a great deal of difficulty.. The entrance had no lighting making it almost impossible to find. After driving up a winding road we passed through a maze of adobe type buildings. We found one sign pointing us to the restaurant. We finally found an area to park...but no restaurant to be found. We even resorted to yelling hello hoping to find someone to lead us to where we should be. Very creepy and alone..

We were the only people dining in the restaurant. As soon as we were seated a very drunk, loud woman came out of the kitchen She came up to our table screeching about how to work her iPod...then stuck the earpod into my ear!! She was yelling about the BeeGees..the waiter shooed her back into the kitchen. He told me when I asked that she was the owner's daughter. The meal was merely passable at best. All during the meal the drunk lady would weave in and out dancing and weaving. The waiters constantly dropped dishes. This was the most unprofessional place I have EVER visited...ever.

When we finally gathered our belongings to leave a dog wandered out of the kitchen. We all stood there in disbelief.

We even had a difficult time leaving..got lost on the grounds.. ended up behind the restaurant where we found thousands... thousands.. of wine bottles. Luckily, the chef and waiter were sitting outside and told us how to get down off the estate.

This was the weirdest, most disconcerting place I have ever visited. ....

DON'T GO....!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank genhome
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This review is for the restaurant at Trois Estate. Most folks in Fredericksburg don't know that Trois Estate serves a great brunch, after the B and B folks have had breakfast and checked out. I've had brunch here several times, and each time it has been magnificent. The last two times, there have only been two parties present. The chef is the only one working the restaurant, and he is very friendly and accomodating. He happily answers any questions, and will do "special requests." I can't say enough good things about brunch at Trois Estate. I like having the individual attention that a small, small crowd allows. And, if that's not enough, the brunch is reasonably priced.

I've had a tour of the B and B, and it does seem to be a bit pricey. I've never stayed, so I can't speak to the service or what it's like to stay there. I do know that touring the rooms, they don't seem to be what I'd expect for $200+ per night. However, the location is amazing, with increaible views of Enchanted Rock.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank SolowTraveler
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My sweetheart companion liked the originality of the "small adobe town" feeling of this B&B experience. The chapel down an arched, artistically designed, descending hall, with an underground grotto 'pool' next to it was a quirky and surprising discovery. If the proprietors are going to charge luxury rates for overnight stays I think they need to attend to the details more. They may be geared more to weddings and dinner service than to the B&B aspect. When we arrived (during the stated registration time) no one was available to check us in -- the cook was very pleasant and helpful in trying to accommodate us. The room we had reserved had a non-functioning TV so he moved us to the "Bridal Suite". It was a very large room furnished with a comfortable bed with silky bedding, with a large dining table and chairs, with two facing couches and coffee table, and with a wardrobe which had an area for coffeee service (with minimal condiments). The TV was up near the high ceiling, facing only the couch. The whirlpool jacuzzi would have been nice but the electric wiring to it was 'cut'. The newly installed, many heads and controls, shower was enjoyed (but again toiletries were minimal). The room was unpleasantly dark and 2 original paintings were very strange for a 'bridal suite' - one was black & white with a skull, and the other featured a dark, hunched over figure. The actual materials used in the construction of the rooms were artistically well done. We really enjoyed the location - in the country, across from Enchanted Rock, and we had a drink on the balcony while watching the sun set. Breakfast was OK (again, only coffee was available, I prefer tea but a tea bag could not be found); the woman serving was very nice and apologetic. So, in conclusion, this place has potential to be a different than usual B&B experience but at this time lacks the details that make for a comfortable, issue-free stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KathleenMcClaren
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

This was the first experience at a B&B for both my husband and I. We enjoyed our time at the estate, but agree with the other reviews. If you are looking to be pampered and have all modern amenities at your disposal, then better go some place else. If you are looking for an out of the way experience where you can focus on the people you there with, then this is a great little hide away.

We ate at the restaurant and it was wonderful. The five course meal selected by the executive chef was very good and reasonably priced for the experience. Again, don't expect to be in and out quickly. This is an experience where you can dine and just enjoy each others company. Take in the moment.

Other staff too were very friendly. I think if you had a wedding party out there it could be a magical come to life feel. However I do agree that when there is just a few independent guest it has an spooky feel to it.

I do feel that the rooms were overpriced. With the amount of money paid I would've expected some snacks, bottle of wine, and more expensive linens on the bed.

Enjoyed my stay but probably will not return.

• Stayed: August 2012