“Loved the frederick motel!”
Review of Frederick Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fredericksburg
Frederick Motel
Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed June 27, 2008

I noticed the Frederick Motel as I was driving in from East Texas. This motel was the first one. It is a very quaint and adorable motel. I was very pleased that they had vacancies, as I was exhausted when I arrived. The owner was very nice and set me up in a room. He was going to have me closer to the house, seeing that I am a woman traveling alone. Unfortunately, the airconditioner in that room was not working so he gave me a free upgrade to a larger bed at the same low price. By paying in cash, he gave me a good discount. I stayed 2 nights.
My room was very cozy and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable.
I would recommend this motel above all others in Fredericksburg. It gives you the feel of a cottage/b&b.

If I ever make it back to Fredericksburg, I will definitely want to stay here again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I give it 2 THUMBS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed August 5, 2007

We learned about this hotel through the frugal traveler column in the NYTimes-- and FRUGAL is the key word. The hotel is over 70 years and has it's original plumbing-- we know this because we experienced a couple of plumbing problems but the owner/operator took care of it quickly and efficiently (he obviously has had tons of practice.)

Check in took awhile because George, the owner, wanted to know who he was renting to and to give us the "lay of the land"...he was also quite proud of the NYTimes review (although he almost didn't rent to the journalist...because the journalist didn't answer the questions posed by George appropriately and since this is George's home...he can't be too careful). We were told which restaurants to stay away from...very funny stories as to why and which ones to visit. He's definitely been in town a long time and knows the ins and outs.

The rooms are small, the bathrooms smaller but they are clean, cable is available, microwaves work and on Saturday and Sunday there is a lovely continental breakfast...on our day there was homebaked fritta and peach struedel-- yummy but there is no dining room so you bring the stuff back to your room. Also, remember to take the nice big coffee cups from the room to the "lobby"...

This is a "mom and pop" labor of love-- with a funny little Martha Stewart accent and a whole lot of spit and wire holding it together. If there is a probmen in your room, let them know, although you'll need to walk to the lobby because there are no phones in the rooms-- but there is FREE WIRELESS. If you need luxury...stay away...if you want to experience a night in old Fredericksburg...by all means BOOK IT...our room was about $80.00 for the night including the free wireless, HBO, delicious breakfast and a lot of funny stories. We'll be back.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank mcfiddle
Reviewed November 14, 2006

My wife and I, along with a friend, stayed there Fri and Sat in mid-October. We are 28-29 years old, and we thought the Frederick Motel was fine.

It was local, and it had character. Sure, the room was a little
small, the parking was a little unorthodox, and the weekend continental breakfast was limited, but gimme a break. The room decor was nice, the cable tv was clear, there was a mini-fridge and microwave in the room along with a window A/C unit, there were no roaches, there was plenty of hot water, and plenty of pillows on the bed. We slept great.

Our only complaint was that the walls were a bit thin, so we could hear the neighbors moving about, but it wasn't too bad.

By the way, this is pretty much the cheapest place in town?

The owner/manager seemed like a good guy. Very easy going.

Bottom line, for 69 bucks or whatever it was that we paid, we would definitely stay here again, especially in October. The weather was fantastic.

Stayed: October 2006
5  Thank Corpito
Reviewed March 12, 2006

I stayed at the Frederick Motel while working in Fredericksburg and just want to warn travelers to book elsewhere if at all possible. Showers are small, dank, and leaky - and the rooms are not much better. The only heat made available to me was an electric/oil space heater that did not heat the room adequately - and the plug heated up at the wall recepticle! I was afraid the place might burn down during the night. We didn't stay long enough to find out how the A/C works :-). I was not at all impressed with the communication skills of the owner when asking one of my guests to remove her pet dog from the picnic area. In fact, his behavior was very rude even though there are no signs posted that dogs are not allowed on the premises. He used profanity and was incredibly disrespectful. Do not recommend the Frederick Motel. p.s. Still trying to figure out which motel they show in the photos on their website (you know, the quaint family-friendly place) because it sure doesn't look like the place I stayed at!

Stayed: March 2006
5  Thank MarkLM
Reviewed December 1, 2005

We stayed at the Frederick Motel on 1308 E Main Street during the Evacuation of Hurricane Rita. The motel resembles small “cottage” looking 1-bedroom suites.

1.You must pay upfront when you arrive.
2.Rooms are very small but pretty “country charm”.
3.Management asks for name of each member staying in the room and each vehicle(s) license plate number, make and model.
4.We were asked to be very quite as the next-door patron works early in the morning and we should not make any noise. (Weekly rental patrons)
5.Accepts small animals but must have on leash or you will get a notice on your door.
6.No phone or Internet access in rooms. Plus, hotel manager is very strict about allowing you to use their phone even for local calls, just in case your cell phone doesn’t work. You’ll be directed to the nearest Pay Phone in area.

If you just want a nice and clean room for sleeping this is place for you. Otherwise, be prepared to be treated like a second-class citizen. No frills or country hospitality at this place.

12  Thank TexasbornKemah_Tx
ReviewsTrip, Manager at Frederick Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

This person was so shook-up from the hurricane that she called several hotels and
had all the information scribbled on a yellow tablet, it was chaotic! Then she called us
to reserve a double bed room (for four people), with someone else's room size, beds, etc. but she booked with us, thinking she was getting a large room with two double beds. Unfortunately, some people think a double is two beds. Also, she only reserved it for one night and it was booked the next night. Of course, it was all blamed on us. We had 14 rooms of evacuee's for 10 days for Rita and Katrina, it was alot of work, but we did it on a limited staff with no warning, one household washer and one dryer. And we did welcome pets, they had 2 and let them use the floor under the bed all night. lol