“Lovely hotel, but don't forget your necessetities!”

Inn on Barons Creek
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Easily, my favorite hotel. I have stayed here a number of times, but I have to say... Don't forget your personal items. I was in town on business, just as 100 others with my company. Our conference was booked at the hotel, so there were a lot of us here. I failed to pack my razor, my hairspray, and my gel. The guest center at the front desk offers everything you need in a pinch, but not without insult. For a sample-sized hairspray, sample-sized hair gel, and one disposable razor, I paid $9.75. I know these items would have been less than $3.00 at WalMart. I was insulted that the hotel would take advantage of their guests this way. It is a lovely, quaint hotel that offers a good complimentary breakfast. They also have a very nice Spa on site. Their spa products are available for purchase...which makes one wonder why they would need to profit SO much on sample sizes of Dep gel and Tresemme hairspray....

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed March 16, 2014

This was our second stay here and it was every bit as good as the first time. The king suite is very roomy and the separate sitting area a definite plus. Breakfast is better than most included breakfasts but nothing spectacular. Location is great with just a short walk to Main Street. Definitely recommended and looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2014

The staff was pretty friendly on check-in and whenever we had questions. The complimentary breakfast was adequate (not super tasty but not repulsive either). My hubby and another couple all stayed in the cottage rooms. Both rooms were similar and were in need of updating. The linens and towels were what you would find at cheap chain hotels. Our friends bed was broken. However, the view of the creek is lovely and it is nice to have rocking chairs on the front porch. The absolute BEST part of our stay was the spa experience! Cathy is the kindest, most loving therapist! I will go back just for her massages.

Room Tip: I would not recommend the cottages as they are very outdated.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Celebrated our anniversary in one of our favorite towns and chose one of the cottages to stay in! The hotel staff was awesome & accommodating! The spa was wonderful! Conveniently located within walking distance to shopping & restaurants. We will stay there again! Highly recommend!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2014

The best part of this hotel is the location. You're only 2 blocks from Main street and can walk to pretty anywhere from there. I don't think it's worth the money though. The hotel is fine, but it's a little pricey. If you don't mind driving a few minutes away to another hotel, you're better off doing it that way and saving some money on the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This hotel was terrible. The toilet was stopped up upon arrival, and they gave a plunger to fix it ourselves. The elevator was out of order, and the beds were uncomfortable. After answering their customer service survey, I received a derogatory response from their VP of operations.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Penny0111
KammieR, General Manager at Inn on Barons Creek, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Penny0111,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It is very unfortunate that some times things beyond our control happen as in the elevator being down, the elevator company being based out of San Antonio did their very best to getting it up and operational as soon as they could. I am very sorry that you had to experience that inconvenience. As far as the plumbing issue it is unacceptable that you were handed a plunger and asked to correct the problem your self. I do truly apologize for that as it never should have happened and I will be looking into that. I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations.

Kammie Robertson

Reviewed March 11, 2014

This is our second stay at the Inn for Spring Break. As usual, nice atmosphere and friendly staff. Walking distance to Main Street, HEB and Opa's Smoked Meats. Overall a great place to stay. Will be back for sure.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Eindhovenha ,

You are very welcome! Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. Two Spring Breaks?, well we look forward to seeing you at three. That is our busiest nine days of the year and it is really nice to hear when our guests survived it with us and enjoyed themselves.

Kammie Robertson