“Inn on Barons Creek is the BEST!!!”

Inn on Barons Creek
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed in the Presidential Suite at the Inn on Barons Creek and it was the most amazing vacation experience my husband and I have every had! The staff was friendly, helpful, and timely! Our suite had amazing view of the creek, a jacuzzi tub overlooking the creek, a full-size kitchen, bar, dining table, and two bedrooms. We enjoyed every minute of our stay. We would highly recommend this hotel and this suite to anyone who is looking for a location for a venue for a wedding party, anniversary, or special celebration. Thank you, Inn on Barons Creek, for making our celebration so memorable!

Room Tip: If you want a view and a fantastic memory, stay in the Presidential Suite!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank G T
KammieR, General Manager at Inn on Barons Creek, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear G T ,

We are so happy to hear that this visit was such a great one and thank you for sharing the experience. We hope that we get to see you again in the future.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I just stayed there for an executive conference and the web pics don't do it justice. Meaning, the photos are beautiful and I was expecting a beautiful relaxing resort with spa. Instead this is what we got: the ceiling fan in my room was caked with dirt, my linen was stained yellow, bedspreads are throw backs from the 80`s (probably originals), the bathroom linen was mismatched and look very old, the "spa" toiletries were cheap at best, the complimentary makeup remover pad was advertised as being there for my convenience but they didnt provide one, the complimentary breakfast was limited and tastless...thank heavens for waffles..at least it had flavor with the syrup. There are enough other choices to stay at in the charming town of Fredericksburg..... Pass on this one.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bevb250

Thank you for sharing about your stay while you were in Fredericksburg for a conference. I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. The different colored cloths were there for makeup removal. I am upset to hear that there was dirt found on your ceiling fan that is indeed unacceptable.We are not a resort we are a hotel with a Spa. Sorry for any confusion our website might have given you.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

This hotel is within walking distance to the downtown shops. Just a couple of blocks. Very clean, very friendly staff, and two person jacuzzi tubs in the rooms. Tubs may be a bit tall for elderly or those with mobility issues to get into, about 14 inch high sides. The breakfast is great, scrambled eggs, wonderful sausage, hot plate for waffles and the usual continental cereals. If you leave hungry it will be your own fault. Hotel grounds are very well kept and lots of seating area 'Out Back' close to the creek. Only problems noted: Beds were a bit firm and pillows were very skimpy, small and thin. Did cause less than ideal sleeping support. We had a great time and found this hotel to be more than acceptable for a short stay in Fredericksburg, just take your own pillow.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for posting a review about your stay. We are so happy to hear that you had a good time. Next time you come to town let us know about the pillows I am sure we can find the type you like and help you get a better nights sleep.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My girlfriends and I stayed here for a girl's getaway. We were very surprised at how roomy and quiet the rooms were. The hotel feels like its local so it doesn't have that generic chain feel. The staff really want to make your stay enjoyable. I had picked this hotel and the entire weekend the ladies commented on what a great place it was. The breakfast was much better than your typical continental choices. I would definitely recommend this place to a friend again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool side for the best view!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay. We are so happy to hear that the girls had a great time. One of my favorite things about us is that we aren't a chain and we can add our own touches. We hope you can come stay again when your travels bring you back to Fredericksburg.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We love great service just as much as we despise poor service. We arrived late - near 11p and Aaron at the front desk and the night manager not only checked us in with a smile but then also jumped in and helped us get our jet ski trailer situated in the parking lot.

The Breakfast was fine especially since it was included with the room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience with us at the Inn. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed yourselves. I also want to thank you for giving Aaron and Philip Kudos! They are two of my many prize employees and I am so happy to hear that they were able to help you with your trailer.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

My recent stay in July 2013 was only for one night, but I wish my family and me could have stayed a couple of days longer ! After travelling through different Cities in Texas and spending two nights each in different Cities this Hotel felt like a retreat.
I had checked the reviews of this hotel and must say that I was a little uneasy because of some reviews about cleanliness. My first impression entering the lobby was very pleasant. It is beautifully
decorated. The entire hotel was very clean ! It smelled really fresh. The room had very comfortable beds. I have severe back problems and appreciated the firm but comfortable mattress. The bathroom was very clean and had little details that a woman can appreciate, for instance a pull out magnify wall mirror for applying make up :-)
The breakfast was good. The breakfast room has nice big windows and a patio door with a beautiful view to the nicely landscaped back area by the creek. I enjoyed the lovely sunset out there by the pool and hot tub.
The staff was very nice and made my family and me welcome. I recommend the "Inn on Barons Creek" for a quiet and relaxing stay to all my family and friends. Whenever I am in Fredericksburg again I will stay there for more than one night. Maybe to use the Spa Services on the premises as well.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and lovely pictures of your stay with us at the Inn. We wish you could have stayed longer too! We do hope to see you again in the future when your travels bring you back to Fredericksburg.

General Manger

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed here with family in June of 2012, we found the place to be very nice, the only down side was an uncomfortable pull out bed. We returned during Aug. 2013, found the same helpful staff, the same good breakfast, the same nice grounds, the same nice common areas. The room not so much, smaller, cramped, we had trouble getting around the room when the pull out was extended. The pull out is still uncomfortable. Yes it was hot outside but the air conditioning struggled, the room was warm. Bath tub drain kept pulling apart, coffee pot lid was broken.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us and thanks for being a repeat visitor. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy it as much this time. All of our rooms are suites with the living area it sounds like you have stayed in a deluxe suite or extended stay suite before. That being said we hated hearing that it did not meet your expectations. We do hope that you would still choose us in the future.