“Very Disappointed”

Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
GEORGETOWN
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Just returned home after spending the night at the Inn on Barons Creek. AARP is honored there, but only for a "few" rooms already occupied. So we did not get the rate. The toilet bowl was dirty and streaked. Ceiling light in bathroom did not work. The shower curtain was torn and off the rod on one end. The sofa was very uncomfortable. We piled the cushions on top of each other to sit on it. The black out curtain in bedroom was full of holes allowing light in, but the sheets looked clean. We were told that no laundry bags are given anymore; no pen or pad; no hotel directory. The outside carpet needed to be vacuumed. A lot of AC unit noise throughout the night. The breakfast fruit was old, mushy, and bananas were brown. This would have been tolerable for $80 a night. However, the room was over $200 a night, and these accommodations were not worth $200 a night. There are lots of other choices in Fredericksburg besides Inn on Barons Creek and that's where we'll be in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for permission to check out your room before you check in.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
KammieR, General Manager at Inn on Barons Creek, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us while visiting Fredericksburg. We do hope that you enjoyed your visit in town wether it was to visit wineries or just stroll the Historic main street. I would like to apologize for the misinformation of a discounted rate. While we do offer discounted rates during the week we do not on the weekends. I would like to apologize for your room being anything other than perfect. I have personally inspected the room myself and while I know the toilet appeared dirty it was actually hard water stains that have been taken care of, as well as the bulb in the vent fan. Everything else has been addressed with the housekeeping department. I would like to thank you for pointing out our mistakes this helps us train and grow as a team so that we can better serve you in the future.

Kammie Robertson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Texas
Reviewed July 17, 2013

If you are like me and not into the whole bed and breakfast thing....this is the place to stay. It's possibly the nicest place in the town and reasonably priced. We paid $119 per night and got a free apple pie and 2 tickets to the museum.
Check in was fast.... the room was spotless..... it was quiet. Heck...this whole town is quiet.
Morning breakfast was good...and FREE. We sat in the hot tub.... it was fine. Also...it's 1 block off main street. We parked the car and walked everywhere for 2 days.

1 Thank STUNTS4FILM
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed it while you were here. I hope that you were able to do everything Fredericksburg has to offer. Maybe the next time you come visit us you can try out our wonderful Spa.

Midland, Texas
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I wanted a new get away spot we found it! We checked in to the Inn on Barons Creek and we greeted with friendly staff and quick check-in, when we got to the room they had surprised us with champagne. The hotel and grounds were clean and well kept. It has a beautiful creek running through they have positioned chairs and benches through out to enjoy the views. The gift shop has a variety of local wines and snacks to choose from. We will be returning to enjoy the hospitality.

Room Tip: We had the king Jacuzzi suite.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and a peacful time. We can't wait until you return.

Wimberley, Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I are "frequent" (but not frequent enough) guests at your property in New Braunfels. There is no way we would even consider staying anywhere but the Inn on Baron's Creek. We have traveled throughout the US and I have been to every state except Wyoming. I mention this so that I will give credence to the praise I have for the wonderful folks on the front desk and the hospitality/housekeeping staff. I must especially single out Amy for service that is outstanding. Our first visit to Baron's Creek was to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary and she made us feel like part of the family. Her professionalism and caring attitude has brought us back on several occasions and we have booked ahead for our anniversary again in September. In addition, my wife and I have brought family members from San Antonio and Houston to stay with us there and they too have fallen in love with the property. Of course we all know that the property is bricks and mortar, the true strength of the Inn is the wonderful folks you have working with and for the public. You should be commended for the great work they are doing in your name.

Room Tip: Choose any, you can't go wrong..the cottages are stupendous.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ron L
I want to thank you for taking the time to share such kind words and also for being a loyal guest. Amy truly is an amazing person, I am so happy to hear how she has taken care of you during your past and future stays.I also agree it takes the right people and I believe we have them here. I would also like to thank you for sharing your experience with your family and friends. We truly do look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

The husband and I decided at the last minute to head to Fredericksburg for the weekend. Fortunately for us, the Inn had a room available because there's nowhere else I'd rather stay. The rooms are large with a sitting area that can be separated from the bedroom using pocket doors. Because the temperature on Saturday was a scorching 106 degrees, we made good use of the ceiling fan and refrigerator in the room, as well as the salt water pool. The staff was friendly, as always, and the hotel, while full, was very quiet. The complimentary breakfast was tasty. When we inquired about a late checkout, it was instantly approved. The location is great because you can easily walk to Main Street so you don't have to try to find parking downtown. My only concern is the lack of sidewalks along a small section of Washington Street, which has no bearing on the Inn itself, but can be difficult if you have mobility issues like I do.
I have stayed in other places in and around Fredericksburg, but the Inn on Barons Creek is, by far, my favorite.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank kjandcjb
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. I also want to thank you for being a loyal guest. We take great pride in doing everything possible to make our guests happy and are always excited to hear when we do. You will be happy to know that the city is actually planning on extending the sidewalks to main street, we are hoping this will be completed by the end of the year. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years and have been satisfied with the service offered by staff and the amenities offered. The beautifully landscaped grounds are well maintained. The pool, though once was salt water, is clean and welcoming. The jacuzzi works wonders on the weary body after a day of shopping in Fredericksburg. The spacious suites with two queen beds and two TV's are very comfortable. I love the convenience of a small fridge and microwave. The bathroom is spacious, clean and well appointed. The full breakfast each morning is a delight and well maintained by the friendly kitchen staff. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Fredericksburg.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank MontereyBabe
Thank you for sharing about your stay with us while visiting Fredericksburg. We are so happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay (and past stays) We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Lubbock, TX
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed here for wedding and had some friends in the nearby rooms. We were amazed that we could not here anything in the next room, the hall way, or the parking lot especially after staying in another hotel right after in another city where you could hear everything in the hallway and on the street 9 floors up.

Internet connection was not very good. Breakfast was okay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us while visiting our lovely city. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Fredericksburg.