Inn on Barons Creek
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fredericksburg(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
$150
HIExpress.com
Best Western Plus Fredericksburg(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
$110
$196
$159
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fredericksburg(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
$110
Comfort Inn & Suites(Fredericksburg)
$63
ComfortInn
Peach Tree Inn & Suites(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
$69
$216
Hotel Kitsmiller on Main(Fredericksburg)
$59
Sunday House Inn(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
$111
Travelocity
$366
All reviewsmain streetpresidential suitepocket doorsitting areawafflestwo blocksbiscuits and gravyfront desk staffwithin walking distancefree breakfasthot breakfastceiling fanrooms are largevisit fredericksburgpool and hot tubfamily reunionshops and restaurants
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Booked two rooms for Wine Festival and the Inn either overbooked or just sold or lost one of our reservations. While the front desk guy, Aaron, was able to locate another room for us at another hotel across the street, he was unapologetic about the situation and rude to my friends who were visiting from Europe. Unfortunate situation. This is the second year we've been to the Fest and our hotel (another one) overbooked last year as well. At least that hotel had the decency to call us a day in advance to let us know. Re-booked in another location again with lesser amenities. The town of Fredericksburg needs to stop this nonsense!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank TouristaDeTejas
KammieR, General Manager at Inn on Barons Creek, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review about your stay. Let me apologize for the experience you encountered upon your arrival. I have researched this as,I was informed of this situation this morning by my staff. It looks as if there was some sort of confusion with your original reservation booked with Expedia, we did not intentionally lose or sell your room. I was happy to hear that Aaron took it upon himself and was able to locate an alternate room for your group and sorry we were not able to accommodate your original needs.If you are to return to Fredericksburg and willing to give us another chance please book directly with the hotel your reservation will not be lost and will more than likely be a better deal for you.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is a modern hotel within walking distance of the main street; although no one seemed to be walking anywhere the day i stayed because of the heat.
If my room is typical, and I presume it was, then the rooms have a separate sitting room and bedroom; very spacious. The windows opened which meant that I could turn the air-con off when it became cooler outside in the middle of the night.
There is a self-service breakfast included in the cost; and this allows you to have a go at operating the industrial sized waffle iron which makes delicious waffles.
The front desk staff were very pleasant and i was checked in very quickly.
There is parking at the front door of the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying with us. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed and were able to experience the breakfast. When your travels bring you back to Fredericksburg we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

After booking the room online I arrived to find that the desk clerk was no where to be found. After waiting for some time he finally emerged from the back. No big deal. He then informed me that I had no room and that no one under my name had a reservation. I assured him that I had secured the room with a card and gave him the name of the lady that had taken my reservation. He then told me that no one by that name worked there. I started to doubt myself at this point. Had I gotten the wrong hotel? I got out the laptop and found my reservation confirmation. I showed the desk clerk. He said the same thing. We don't have a reservation for you and we have no rooms available. I then went to my credit card web site and found where I was charged for the room. I showed him that he told me to hold on. He then moved two pieces of paper on his desk and magically said oh yes here it is. You already checked in sir. Being that I had just driven 5 hours to get their I was surprised to know how that happened. He was awesome at his job. The next day when I asked for a late check out I was told they didn't have one and that the rate was 50 an hour after 11. Will not be going back.

Room Tip: Get one across the street
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SlyderTx02
KammieR, General Manager at Inn on Barons Creek, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I am surprised and disappointed of your experience upon your arrival. I would very much like to discuss this with you further. If you could please contact me at the hotel directly.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Here for a conference October 9 , 10. Very nice accommodations. Set up for conference efficient and what we needed. Comfortable rooms and beds. Staff was very pleasant and worked very hard to meet our additional requests during the conference. Also, the location was ideal for doing touristy things. Would stay here again.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

We know your time is valuable and truly appreciate you taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed it and were able to do some of the touristy things while here for your conference. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I'd like to give it a 3.5 stars, if it's an option.
We stayed here for one of the nights over labor day weekend. We could not get a room at a B&B for all the nights we wanted. I think this was a good substitute for one night.
It's nothing fancy and we could hear the AC a bit at night. Other than that, pretty much like an equal star level chain hotel. The location is very convenient, only three-minute walking to the main street. For the price of it, it was a good stay. We also got a AAA discount.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are glad we were your choice for the alternate night. I am sure you enjoyed Fredericksburg as Oktoberfest is one of the premier events of teh year. Hopefully when you return to visit we can be your hoice for lodging.