“very good”

Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Sydney, Australia
“very good”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is a modern hotel within walking distance of the main street; although no one seemed to be walking anywhere the day i stayed because of the heat.
If my room is typical, and I presume it was, then the rooms have a separate sitting room and bedroom; very spacious. The windows opened which meant that I could turn the air-con off when it became cooler outside in the middle of the night.
There is a self-service breakfast included in the cost; and this allows you to have a go at operating the industrial sized waffle iron which makes delicious waffles.
The front desk staff were very pleasant and i was checked in very quickly.
There is parking at the front door of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
KammieR, General Manager at Inn on Barons Creek, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying with us. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed and were able to experience the breakfast. When your travels bring you back to Fredericksburg we look forward to serving you again.

Kammie Robertson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Denton, Texas
Reviewed October 25, 2012

After booking the room online I arrived to find that the desk clerk was no where to be found. After waiting for some time he finally emerged from the back. No big deal. He then informed me that I had no room and that no one under my name had a reservation. I assured him that I had secured the room with a card and gave him the name of the lady that had taken my reservation. He then told me that no one by that name worked there. I started to doubt myself at this point. Had I gotten the wrong hotel? I got out the laptop and found my reservation confirmation. I showed the desk clerk. He said the same thing. We don't have a reservation for you and we have no rooms available. I then went to my credit card web site and found where I was charged for the room. I showed him that he told me to hold on. He then moved two pieces of paper on his desk and magically said oh yes here it is. You already checked in sir. Being that I had just driven 5 hours to get their I was surprised to know how that happened. He was awesome at his job. The next day when I asked for a late check out I was told they didn't have one and that the rate was 50 an hour after 11. Will not be going back.

Room Tip: Get one across the street
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SlyderTx02
KammieR, General Manager at Inn on Barons Creek, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I am surprised and disappointed of your experience upon your arrival. I would very much like to discuss this with you further. If you could please contact me at the hotel directly.

Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Here for a conference October 9 , 10. Very nice accommodations. Set up for conference efficient and what we needed. Comfortable rooms and beds. Staff was very pleasant and worked very hard to meet our additional requests during the conference. Also, the location was ideal for doing touristy things. Would stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We know your time is valuable and truly appreciate you taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed it and were able to do some of the touristy things while here for your conference. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

TX
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I'd like to give it a 3.5 stars, if it's an option.
We stayed here for one of the nights over labor day weekend. We could not get a room at a B&B for all the nights we wanted. I think this was a good substitute for one night.
It's nothing fancy and we could hear the AC a bit at night. Other than that, pretty much like an equal star level chain hotel. The location is very convenient, only three-minute walking to the main street. For the price of it, it was a good stay. We also got a AAA discount.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are glad we were your choice for the alternate night. I am sure you enjoyed Fredericksburg as Oktoberfest is one of the premier events of teh year. Hopefully when you return to visit we can be your hoice for lodging.

Paris, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 23, 2012

No complaints at all -- room was very nice and location was excellent to walk into town. My husband enjoyed the bountiful complimentary breakfast provided each morning. We attended an 'event' held at the hotel which worked out extremely well; good meeting area separate from the hotel. Staff was always pleasant and meet all our needs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
KammieR, General Manager at Inn on Barons Creek, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. Our location is excellent for anyone wanting to enjoy the Main Street shopping, dining, site seeing etc. We are glad you were able to enjoy the breakfast as well. We are always so happy to help our groups with meetings and conferences, but maybe you can come again and experience all that Fredericksburg has to offer. When your travels do bring you back we hope that we our your choice for lodging.

Helotes, Texas
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We recently just finished up a state wide convention with Inn on Baron Creek being the headquarters. Gary and his staff were excellent to work with in the past year we have been working with them. they were very accomodating and were excellent hosts. Very cordial. The facility is grand and the service is the same.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post comments of your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here. Gary is always so accommodating for all of our conventions and I am so proud to have a staff that always put our guests first. We hope that when your travels bring you back to Fredericksburg that we will be your choice for lodging and we look forward to serving you again.

Harker Heights, Texas
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for the Fredericksburg Oktoberfest. The hotel was within walking distance to the festival as well as many of the cool shops and bars on Main Street. The hotel amenities were perfect our needs. The complimentary breakfast was also very plentiful- especially after a night of drinking Oktobefest beer!

Room Tip: We had the King deluxe - which had a separate sitting area but not sure if the bed was king sized.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate that you took the time to share the experince of your stay with us. Oktoberfest is definately a fun time to visit Fredericksburg. I also agree that sausage and eggs with biscuits and gravy are definately a relief after a night of German beer. Hopefully when returning to Fredeicksburg you will choose us again for your lodging needs.