“Great Location; Bad Service!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Bed and Breakfast on Knopp School Road
Houston, Texas
“Great Location; Bad Service!”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

This place is almost 10miles from downtown Fredericksburg. Definitely a great location away from the city...scenic & private! There are so many free deers on the property..don't be surprised to see a few in your backyard... pretty cool huh? yup! it's that sort of place !:) Me & my husband stayed at Carson's Cabin here for 2 nights. Outdoor hot tub was something we really loved! We liked everything but there was one thing that was a sure spoiler... It was the service! The place promises a fresh breakfast every morning. (Be prepared..there is no kitchen here...just a dining area with a refrigerator & microwave.) Upon our arrival we found 2 muffins & some stale hot dogs in the fridge along with orange juice. Next day nobody came around to refill things until night. This time we were left 2 egg croissants and no juice! In short, we had to eat breakfast out on both days. If you are a person who doesn't mind a day old breakfast & luke warm hospitality, you will be fine here. Personally, I wouldn't return to this place even though I loved the location. The second 'B' is Bread & Breakfast is a big part of BB-experience. This place kind of missed the point!

Room Tip: Please confirm you are getting fresh breakfast every morning & if you have a full kitchen in you...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank abeehsr

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 22, 2011

My wife and I spent our six month anniversary in the Czech Lodge-it was a perfect getaway from the city life. We spent time at Enchanted Rock and then strolled along Fredricksburg main street-both places within a short distance of our B&B. Great hospitality, great price, perfect cabins and perfect environment to escape! We highly recommend it to anyone looking to get away for the hustle and bustle for a couple of days.

Room Tip: Monday nights rooms are 25% off. We only saw the Czech room but I have a friend who stayed in the b...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jed L
Katy, Texas
Reviewed May 30, 2011

My wife and I have stayed here several times. In fact we're returning next month for her B-day. I almost hate to say how nice a place this is with the fear that I might have a hard time getting a reservation in the future. The cabins are secluded and private. Very romantic place for a getaway. If you need to leave the fast paced world behind this is the place. They recently added a swimming pool to the beautiful grounds. We had the pool to ourselves last time. Watching the deer and wildlife is relaxing. The secluded hot tubs are awesome. Town is not far away with shopping and eateries. There's nothing bad I can say about this place.

Room Tip: Try a different cabin each stay.
  • Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed September 26, 2010

We stayed for our 10 anniversary in the Czech cabin. At first sight you will find just how peaceful and relaxing of a time you are about to experience. Everything here moves at a slower pace than the rest of the world. Our cabin was not hard to find at all. The trees give a cozy feel to the grounds and several tame deer, a peacock and chickens roam freely about. We entered thru the small courtyard and passed a very private hot tub. We were greeted by the most charming bedroom ever. The closet is very spacious as is the romantic bathroom with plenty of room for getting ready for the day or evening. More welcoming was a gorgeous living room and kitchen with breathtaking views of the distant pastures and hills. The inviting porch is the perfect place to bird watch and see all the deer as well as the peacock that roams the grounds. Every morning we had fresh farm eggs stocked in the refrigerator as well as other breakfast items like bacon, English muffins, yogurt, kolaches, and fresh orange juice. You get satellite TV with HBO channels and Austin news. Several brochures were provided in the cabin to help make daily plans in Fredericksburg and other nearby towns easy. I would love to come back again to this bed and breakfast very soon. We really enjoyed our stay in the Czech cabin.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
texas
Reviewed November 3, 2009

If you are visiting Fredericksburg, TX, you MUST stay here. It is heaven on Earth...so peaceful, quiet, beautiful. Awesome cabins (esp. Wild Wing), great scenery, great breakfasts, every amenity you could ask for and an owner that gives you everything you need, but doesn't get in your way. These are separate cabins, not your typical b and b, so it is very private/secluded. Private hot tubs, full kitchen, fireplace, porch with rockers, awesome bathrooms. I want to live here! I have been to this place at least 15 times and I never grow tired of it.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hsh427
Texas
Reviewed June 12, 2007

My husband and I started going to the B&B on Knopp School Rd about 12 years ago for our anniversary. We enjoyed it so much we have tried to go every year since. I have visited other B&B's, but I have to say this is my favorite. If you are looking for a private, romantic, and peaceful place to get away from all the noise and rush of the world then this is the place.

• Liked — privacy
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank coffeebug
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 31, 2005

Recently we stayed at the Bed and Breakfast on Knopp School Road and found it to be one of the most relaxing and romantic bed and breakfast in Texas. It is a beautiful wooded place with plenty of deer, birds, wildflowers and more.

Our cabin couldn't have been nicer. The extra large shower with two shower heads was awesome. We especially liked the private, outdoor hot tub which was also great for stargazing.

We will definitely be back in the near future!

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member