Farm Haus Bistro at Fredericksburg Herb Farm
Ranked #30 of 143 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Eating in a garden environment, with fresh fruits, vegetables and herbs, is unique these days. This fine restaurant is housed in a historic rock house, built in the late 1890s. Our menus are ever-changing based on seasonal inspiration - call to inquire about specials and current options. A nice wine selection, which includes local wines, compliments the cuisine. Enjoy a drink in The Bistro Bar - complete with unique fireplace and comfortable seating. At the Farm we also have Sunday Haus Cottages where you can stay and relax in a comfortable garden environment; Nature's Spa, a 5,000 square foot destination spa with multiple treatment rooms; and the Poet's Haus Gift Shop, offering garden and gift items as well as candles, lotions, soaps and much more that are formulated on-site! In addition to these things guests can enjoy our gardens where fresh ingredients are grown and used in our restaurant and much more is grown simply for your enjoyment!
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Very good food and plenty of it, great setting, nice atmosphere, potentially an excellent value - but service when we went was lacking. This may be a one time thing based on earlier reviews but when I lay out this kind of coin for a meal I want at least good service.

Now when we got service it was good but there were major gaps with the flow of the meal in there - minor wait to order wine and appetizer, major wait between meal and ordering dessert, then another major wait to run the credit card so we could sign and go - how long can that take anyway? Was unable to see the waiter to catch his eye on any of this. Not a real problem til the check delivery delay - I like the option of being able to sit or go, and this time we wanted to go.

I think they were short-staffed and/or had a couple of large groups - I'd check that before I went again.

There are newer reviews for Farm Haus Bistro at Fredericksburg Herb Farm

Reviewed April 14, 2013

A great selection of food served in a beautiful room situated in a garden. The flowers are so pretty and the service was just as nice. The bar tender even came to our table to describe a drink. We were there for lunch and enjoyed every moment.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I make a point of visiting the Farm House Bistro during our annual trip to the Hill Country. Neither lunch nor dinner ever disappointed us. The dining room is filled with natural light and offers lovely views of the herb garden and grounds. The decor is casually elegant and the owner has a keen sense of the little extras that make the guests take notice. The scented candles in the bathrooms are heavely.
Last, but not least, the service provided by Darryl, our waitperson, is excellent. He is charming, friendly, soft spoken and has a delightful sense of humor. He magically appears when needed, but does not assume the role of 'best friend', as so many waiters lately do. All in all, a great addition to the Bistro.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I love, love the Farm Haus Bistro. My friend and I had Sunday brunch here, which did not disappoint! We'd had mediocre dinner meals at some new places in town, so I suggested coming here since it's always reliable. The quiche was excellent; her omelet was so tasty and not so huge like they usually are. The Farm Haus doesn't disappoint.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I was delighted to visit The Fredericksburg Herb Farm with friends. We enjoyed a scrumptious lunch, courteous service and a pleasant stroll around the gardens. Touring the gift shop provided a special treat - a personal candle making demonstration! All in all, it was a successful adventure, one I am looking forward to repeating.