“Very good”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Between Lincoln and Llano
Transit: None, small town USA
Description: Fine dining dinner house featuring steaks, wild game, sushi and seafood as well as a full bar. Join us Tuesday nights for "Thai Tuesday", featuring authentic cuisine from Executive Chef, Leu Savanh's home country of Thailand.
Midland, Texas
“Very good”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

My wife and I have been to August E's twice, but most recently on Feb. 28, 2013. It was Thursday evening and the place was nearly empty, but the service was prompt. Our waiter, a local young man, was very helpful in assisting my wife in gluten free choices, but that wound up being a salad and a very nice mesquite grilled asparagus with other veggies. She had the mixed green salad with citrus viniagrette. She said it was quite good. I had the wedge salad with blue cheese and bacon. It was ok, but the dressing lacked the pungency of the blue cheese, that I was expecting, making it somewhat flavorless. I then ordered a fish dish but then was told that the fish choice I wanted was out of stock. I settled for the swordfish with an herbed buerre blanc. My dish was well served with an suitable portion, not large but not small either. The sauce was superb and overall I would rate the dish as excellent. I had had the crabcakes on a previous visit and they were excellent as well. As we were travelling on, we did not have drinks or wine. Meal, tax and tip came to about $100, which was a little pricey in my book to not include drinks. I don't think you will go wrong here for a nice, elegant dinner out, but be prepared to pay.

• Visited February 2013

Kerrville, Texas
“WOW”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

superb food and service, a unique upscale restaurant that stands out among many other good restaurants in the area.

Visited October 2012
Dallas, TX
“NY in the Hill Country”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Very upscale and wonderful food! Loved the bar and speciality drinks. Food was very good, service not perfect but OK. Very interesting menu and very different than most of Fredericksburg.

Visited March 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Hit and miss”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We went to August E's on February 13th to enjoy a fine meal. The waiter was very attentive and helped with our selections. The appetizers we chose were Crab Stack and the Beet Salad, both were very good and had the evening off to a great start. It was one of the entrees that brought this evening down. I enjoyed the special featuring Scallops and it was excellent. My wife chose the Buttered Shrimp and it was bland as bland could be. I have had more flavor come from those frozen cocktail shrimp boiled in plain water than those shrimp. It was a real letdown. To the waiters credit he noticed that only part of one shrimp was eaten and asked what he could do to make things right. We did not want to order a replacement and wait longer. The waiter deducted the shrimp from our bill which was nice. My suggestion is to stay away from the shrimp, I don't know how that passed as fine dining.

• Visited February 2013
Frederickburg, Texas
“no flavor”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

the owner is a snob the food is over priced for what you get .we left there hungry and our bill was still over 200.00 dollars for the two of us. very small potions with little seasoning go some where else ,theres alot of better restaurants in fredericksburg. that will not rip you off

• Visited January 2013