“Good Food but careful with reservations”
Review of August E's

August E's
Ranked #35 of 143 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Between Lincoln and Llano
Transit: None, small town USA
Description: Fine dining dinner house featuring steaks, wild game, sushi and seafood as well as a full bar. Join us Tuesday nights for "Thai Tuesday", featuring authentic cuisine from Executive Chef, Leu Savanh's home country of Thailand.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This place has potential to be consistently excellent with it's service, although, not sure if shift in management may play a part on a day to day basis.
First of all, we had already made reservations and they even called to confirm. When we get there a young lady says to us, "we don't have you on our list", and I might add that she seemed rather disinterested in assisting us. She was finally able to find us a table. I think she realized we weren't going anywhere fast.
As far as the food, I have to say that it was delicious. Instead of ordering the $80-$90 steaks, I ordered the $40 New York Strip that was not only huge but really juicy. My wife had the filet mignon that she really enjoyed as well. So, unless you really want to spend a lot more money and justify eating $90 steaks, I would recommend the New York Strip or Filet Mignon - I really do not think you'll be disappointed. I will add that we had the red, white and blue salad and the citrus truffle salad, which were tasty as well.

There are newer reviews for August E's

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised when we entered August E's doors. I love contemporary and that is exactly what greeted us. The service and food was wonderful. This is a surprise and a change from your usual historic buildings that house most restaurants in Fredericksburg, Texas. Nice place for couples to have a special meal.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I enjoyed my birthday dinner at August E's on December 30, 2012. I started with the Ebers Haus Salad which was very fresh and delicious. My husband and I split the crab cake appetizer which was one of the best crab cakes I've ever eaten. For my entree, I ordered the fish of the day which was Hawaiian Ono and that too was absolutely wonderful. I definitely recommend August E's!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

This restaurant is hit and miss . . . some of the food for our party of (7) was good and some was less than good. Our waiter was incredibly nice and the decor of the restaurant was very interesting. Out of (7) entrees, (4) were COLD when they arrived . . . and, cold steak isn't really anyone's favorite. The fish dishes were hot and well prepared and the creme brulee was excellent. The soups were as follows: French onion soup - too sweet and oddly difficult to eat in a square bowl; the oyster soup - too SALTY it tasted as if someone accidentally dumped the shaker into the pot. I'm sure that there are some consistently good dishes on the menu and that's probably the only things that should be on the menu.

1  Thank Mis_Adventurous
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Came here after we had heard such good reviews on the food and we loved it!
The sushi rolls and steaks were a delight and the creme brulee dessert was the finishing touch we needed to make our night.
I highly recommend dinner at August E's!