“Another Excellent Meal”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Between Lincoln and Llano
Transit: None, small town USA
Description: Fine dining dinner house featuring steaks, wild game, sushi and seafood as well as a full bar. Join us Tuesday nights for "Thai Tuesday", featuring authentic cuisine from Executive Chef, Leu Savanh's home country of Thailand.
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Recently, August E's invested in a new steak program and all I can say is FABULOUS! They are now offering a fantastic selection of prime steaks cut daily and they are just amazing. Service as always was stellar and while all of the food is fantastic, the steaks are the new star of the show!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our dinner here. It's not my favorite place in Fredricksburg (our first choice was closed) but this was definitely a great substitute. I had the shrimp and grits -- the grits were amazing!- and he had a filet steak with mashed potatoes. We also both ordered salads. My caprese salad was good, although I've honestly had better. My husband had the arugula salad, that would be a good choice if you like it peppery. We had a chocolate torte for dessert that was also very impressive.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I had some of the most incredible sushi I have ever had in my entire life at August E's. I travel extensively for business and have eaten sushi at top restaurants in NYC and around the US. What I was served at August E's would equal or surpass what I've had in other restaurants. I started the meal with vegetable tempura. A generous portion of vegetables from asparagus to pumpkin to mushrooms and broccoli arrived piping hot and crispy. They were all delicious on their own or also with the tempura dipping sauce. Next came escolar nigiri with a twist - it was slightly seared to give the fish a delicate smoked flavor then topped with a dot of spicy mayo. The rice was delicate and perfectly formed, not gummy. The escolar melted in my mouth and the slight sear with the spice of the mayo was wonderful. From there I had salmon, hamachi and snapper sashimi. It arrived on a slab of Himalayan pink salt sitting in a bowl of crushed ice. Beautiful
presentation. Each piece of sashimi was so fresh it was like tasting a little bit of the ocean. I was told by my waiter that it is flown in from Hawaii several times a week. I then moved on to sushi rolls, sampling a Dragon Roll (avocado roll with cream cheese and BBQ eel), Screaming Salmon Maki (salmon, scallion and a sprinkling of sesame seeds) and Rainbow Roll. Each was delicious. I recommend August E's highly!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I had a fabulous dining experience at August E's. I was welcomed and served by friendly and attentive staff. The menu and wine list are impressive and I had a hard time choosing only one entree as I wanted to try everything! I selected grilled quail with kale, beets and wild rice. It was cooked to perfection and enhanced by a mild jalapeno cream sauce. The portions were generous and the flavors divine. August E's is a must for anyone visiting Fredericksburg!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We had a reservation, seated at our table, greeted by our waiter Corey and were served from a beautiful wine selection to a tasty appetizer to a flavorful menu. Then finished off with a fantastic selection of desserts! The entire evening was spectacular and we would definitely dine her again. Thanks to the entire staff & Chef at August E's!!