“Highly recommend!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Fredericksburg Herb Farm - Sunday Haus Cottages
Ranked #13 of 81 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Highland Village, Texas
“Highly recommend!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Beautiful property, great concept! Surroundings have an historical look and feel, but all amenities are cutting edge from the well appointed cottages to the grand spa and inviting restaurant/bar. Breakfasts were delicious! I can highly recommend either of the specialty omelets and the french toast. I referred to the cottages as standalone, luxurious hotel rooms, with porch swings! Close enough to downtown (could walk it on a cooler day), but far enough away to avoid the traffic and totally feel the peace of this beautiful hill country. Great getaway! Great staff! Rosemary shared some history and recommended a fabulous show at the Rockbox. Mike was awesome in the restaurant - efficient and entertaining! Doris was very friendly and helpful in the gift shop. Didn't stay long enough to enjoy any spa services, but I have no doubt they are topnotch and will put that on my list for next time.
Even if you don't stay, you must visit. Enjoy a meal, try out the spa, check out the gift shop, or just walk the grounds. I guarantee you will be drawn to its charm, friendliness and tranquility.

Room Tip: Cottages 7-10 have a beautiful view of the restaurant, spa and some of the gardens. The others are...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We took our first trip to Fredericksburg two weeks ago for our third wedding anniversary. I didn't really know what to expect since we had heard such mixed reviews about the area- but we LOVED staying here. The cottages are cute and very clean. We loved sitting on the porch in the evening with a glass of wine to enjoy the gorgeous weather and company of the kitties that hang around. The restaurant is wonderful also- we didn't have anything that wasn't delicious and very fresh. We especially enjoyed the Biscuits and Gravy and Waffles for breakfast. The second day we were there, we both had treatments at the spa which was very nice. The owner found out that my husband was a big scotch drinker and so had a glass of it waiting for him when he finished his treatments. Overall, a great place to stay for a nice getaway.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a cottage with a porch swing!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amanda K
Gainesville, Texas
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I've been to Fredericksburg 3 or 4 times in the past 5 years, and it's been such a pleasure to see the Herb Farm 'grow up'. The first time I went, it was still a ramshackle building with a great restaurant, but the herb garden was a wreck. The second time, the herb garden was gaining a new life, and the new restaurant and spa were completed, while the cottages were still under construction, but already it was obvious what an eye to detail and lovely taste were in play. The food has been great throughout, and it was fun to return recently and actually stay in one of the cottages, beautifully and luxuriously appointed. All in all, I can't recommend it enough and look forward to future visits.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Susannah C
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 16, 2013

As a Texan I had been to the Herb Farm many times years ago. After recently learning of the cottage additions and new ownership I felt a need to return. Since my birthday was coming up and I had no plans I booked two nights. I am so glad I did. What a wonderful place--the cottages are adorable and comfortable, the entire staff (from owners down) are friendly, efficient and more than willing to make you happy. Also, the food is extraordinary and delicious. The grounds were lovely and well kept in spite of our Texas drought. I definitely had a birthday to remember and plan to return in the future.

Pdouthit

Room Tip: Not sure any cottage is better than another.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
TexasHillCountry
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I spent one evening with a friend at the Herb Farm, in the heat of August. Great A/C and a clean, attractive room made us happy. Wonderful meals at the bistro. Can't wait to go back when it's cooler outside so we can take advantage of the lovely grounds. My husband and I spent New Year's Eve there, and we had a spa treatment which was perfect. Good place!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Elgin, Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The cottages are immaculate and cute. The restaurant was excellent, including the breakfast, which was included. We used the spa and had very good massages. The cost for our services were less than you would pay at a chain hotel and the facilities were extremely well kept. I do wish they had a small pool- and as this is an adults-only hotel it would really add to the retreat-like atmosphere. Perhaps the best part is the Herb Shop, which has delightfully fragranced gifts- soaps, lotions, essential oils, etc. I will definately return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed at Fredericksburg Herb Farm for 2 nights in July 2013. It is a lovely, peaceful location much closer to Fredericksburg Main Street than I expected when booking, so a perfect location.

The cottages are very quaint, with 2 rocking chairs and a swing chair on the porch, which we used each evening. If you want to make use of your porch in the daytime during summer months you may want to mention this when booking as ours was too hot, being in direct sun. Others face in different directions.

Though very quaint externally, the cottages are very well equipped internally, with a very comfortable bed, sitting area, fridge and an ice bucket that staff will fill for you. There is a modern bathroom with clothes hanging area and large walk in shower and the toiletries are the Herb Farm’s own range.

The staff here are all very friendly and helpful and there is a general feel of a small boutique resort with a personal touch.

We planned to have dinner at the herb farm the first night then eat in town the second night, but, after a day of wandering around Fredericksburg, then visiting wineries and the wild seed farm nearby we were happy to relax once again at the herb farm. The food in the bistro is very good whether it is dinner, breakfast or Sunday brunch.

I would highly recommend the herb farm and would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple