“A peaceful haven on the edge of Fredericksburg”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Fredericksburg Herb Farm - Sunday Haus Cottages
Ranked #15 of 82 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed at Fredericksburg Herb Farm for 2 nights in July 2013. It is a lovely, peaceful location much closer to Fredericksburg Main Street than I expected when booking, so a perfect location.

The cottages are very quaint, with 2 rocking chairs and a swing chair on the porch, which we used each evening. If you want to make use of your porch in the daytime during summer months you may want to mention this when booking as ours was too hot, being in direct sun. Others face in different directions.

Though very quaint externally, the cottages are very well equipped internally, with a very comfortable bed, sitting area, fridge and an ice bucket that staff will fill for you. There is a modern bathroom with clothes hanging area and large walk in shower and the toiletries are the Herb Farm’s own range.

The staff here are all very friendly and helpful and there is a general feel of a small boutique resort with a personal touch.

We planned to have dinner at the herb farm the first night then eat in town the second night, but, after a day of wandering around Fredericksburg, then visiting wineries and the wild seed farm nearby we were happy to relax once again at the herb farm. The food in the bistro is very good whether it is dinner, breakfast or Sunday brunch.

I would highly recommend the herb farm and would definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I visted the last of June 2013, We loved the entire experience. We where there on a Sunday and Monday, we knew they where closed on monday but we where taken care of, with they brought us food for breakfast for Monday and the sweet lady in Housekeeping made sure we had plenty of towles.We where all by ourself that Sunday night , it was so peaceful.just us and the cats who would come by and check us out.My husband loved the shower and sitting on the porch in the rocking chairs late at night and early morning drinking coffee.The samples of shower gels and lotions where wonder, I bought some to bring back home.On Tuesday morning when we ckecked out we had a breakfast in the Bistro that was wonderful, the bread they make there was so good we asked for more.We go to Fredericksburg often and plan to stay here again.The room was so pleasing to us, we felt special and at home.Thank you so much.Debbie Wood, Channelview, Texas.

1  Thank debbiee75
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I throughly enjoyed a weekend getaway for my birthday at the end of June. The cottages, meals, and grounds are quaint and quite. We were going to try out other restaurants but decided after the first night's decliciousness to go back the next night. It was the most relaxing and refreshing weekend I've had in a long time. I look forward to returning.

Room Tip: We stayed in cottage #5 that had a nice swing also on the walkway with vines growing around it. It w...
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Fredricksburg Herb Farm for 3 nights during the week. I loved all of the little details they put into everything: the chocolates and flowers on the bed and the nice shampoo and body washes that smell amazing! This place was quiet and beautiful. The pictures do not do this place justice. I especially enjoyed mornings sitting out on the porch in the swing and rockers. We also enjoyed our walk around the herb garden and all the beautiful flowers that had butterflies all around. This place has a very small and intimate feel to it. We made friends with one of the cats as we sat outside one evening and I even spoke to the owner who came over from taking care of the grounds to check in with us. This was an anniversary getaway and I was hoping for it to be nice and quiet, and it certainly was. To top it all off, the breakfasts each morning were amazing! They spend time on the food and that is very evident. It even looked beautiful. I highly recommend this place and we definitely plan on coming back!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

The restaurant was wonderful, staff was very friendly. We had to go back again for lunch the next day! The quiche was delicious, the herb tea refreshing and the tomato soup was awesome! I would highly recommend going there for lunch if you are in the neighborhood.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We recently stayed at Fredericksburg Herb Farm for 2 nights during the week. The breakfast both mornings was delicious. The property is a short drive from Main Street. The little cottages are beautiful and spa like. The bath products that they make there and give you in the cabins are heavenly. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Laurakat
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I talked my husband into going to the herb farm restaurant for lunch. It was a very good experience. The staff was very personable and friendly. Our waiter was very knowledgeable on menu items. The food was very fresh and delicious. My husband was very pleased that they had "man" options on the menu (he had prime rib). I had the quiche of the day. Both entrees were excellent. The atmosphere was lovely. We sat in a room that was all windows that overlooked the garden. It was very refreshing. We almost went back for lunch the next day but decided to use our bed and breakfast valchers so they wouldn't go to waste. We can't wait to go back!