“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Austin
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed October 8, 2008

We had a nice quiet stay to the start of our vacation. Hotel was very clean and quiet. Everything in our room working well and staff was very friendly. Only unique thing is that the maid staff on two separate occasions entered our room without knocking, but other than that a great place to stay in a great hill country town.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Texas
Reviewed May 28, 2008

I booked a room a short distance from the Main shopping area, and it was a dsaster from the start. We decided in 5 min. to leave. This was Memorial weekend so we were worried about what we were going to find and coming here was a great decision. We had to pay for the other place, and when we told our story to the desk person Dawna, she found us a cheaper rate, and a very comfortable room. This was our first visit to Fredericksburg, and even with the shaky start a lovely time.
Thank You Dawna!

• Liked — The front desK
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed March 21, 2008

Very nice, clean, well maintained. I have no complaints. Quality and front-desk staff that I've come to expect from La Quinta--on this trip I've stayed at 3 different ones and they're all uniformly a great value for the money. Free high speed wireless internet--36 Mbps and excellent strength. I've always wondered why the high-end hotels charge for internet access while places like La Quinta give it away free. Fredricksburg is a happening little place... try to be there Friday or Saturday night. Oh, and east of town there are 4 wineries within about 10 miles--an excellent way to spend the afternoon.

• Disliked — It's a couple miles east of downtown.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank bentleyj1
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed August 12, 2007

The town is the ultimate "tourist trap". However, if you're part of the "Branson Missouri crowd" you'll love it.

I decided to swing through here on my way to Los Angeles for business. If you're taking I-10 and want to avoid San Antonio, this route through Fredericksburg and Austin has great roads and times out about the same. The town is very small and very clean, and this La Quinta is the best I've encountered so far. As with many mid-price hotels, you never know what you're going to get, but rest easy about this one... it's GREAT!!! Newly construced (I'd say within a year), every amenity, and a perfect location.

Extremely clean, wired internet, mini-fridge, microwave, marble bathroom, gated pool with hot tub... the works. Staff was friendly, property well maintained, and you can walk right across the grass to Wal-Mart.

I will definitely stop here again, if taking this route.

• Liked — Care and maintenance of facility.
  • Disliked — No complaints.
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
5 Thank hurricaneman
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 7, 2007

We stayed at the La Quinta Inn and Suites for two nights in July on the way to pick up our son from camp in the Texas Hill Country. While the hotel is quite new and attractive, our trip was ruined by management's pet policy. The La Quinta web site, which I used to book the room, stated that this property allowed pets. So we decided to bring our 10-year-old, 14-lb. Sheltie. She's an experienced traveler and has stayed in many hotels. When I checked in and mentioned I had brought my dog (and her crate), the front desk manager immediately asked me to sign a form stating that the dog would NEVER be left in the room alone. This was not disclosed on the web site. It didn't matter that this is Texas in July--too hot to leave a dog in the car for even a short period of time--and I promised to keep her in the crate when we weren't in the room. He was dismissive and rude. When I asked how we were to go out to dinner, shopping, etc. in this resort town with our dog in tow, he gave me the name of a local kennel. If I had wanted to kennel my dog, I would have done that at home!

• Liked — very new and clean
  • Disliked — Dishonesty regarding pet policy
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jody77
Ohio
Reviewed June 4, 2007

The room was clean to the eye, but smelled damp and felt humid, even with the air conditioner on in the high 60's. The pillows and sheets felt moist when I went to sleep that night. There is NO fan in the bathroom, and there was no outlet near the one mirror they have outside the bathroom, so it was difficult for me to fix my hair and makeup while my husband hopped in the shower.

That aside, their breakfast is wonderful.

• Liked — The breakfast
  • Disliked — The dampness and smell of the room
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HonestandFairOhio
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 31, 2007

Stayed here for a business trip in January 2007. This hotel still looks brand new. It's east of town about 1 mile, right next door to the WalMart in Fredericksburg. The bed was very comfortable and the room was furnished very nicely, including microwave and refrigerator. The bathroom had a granite sink and all the normal ammenities. The breakfast each morning was good, with make-your-own-waffles, sausage, eggs, cereal, sweet rolls, fruit, juices, etc. The breakfast area was also kept very clean. This hotel still looks brand new. It has a pool and a small work out room but I didn't get to use either on this trip. It has both free wireless and regular internet connections. There's really not anything I didn't like about the hotel. The only drawback might be that it is not located in the heart of Fredricksburg. I would definitely stay here again, especially if you can get a good rate.

Stayed January 2007