“Neat little diner”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We ate at the Peach Tree last Saturday. Place was very busy at 2 and we had a 45 minute wait to get in. Several items we tried to order were already gone for the day so I would advise to get there earlier and not wait until that close to closing - they close at 3 on Saturday. Food and service was excellent. A little disappointed that one item we purchased in the gift shop was not included in our bag but we did not realize it until we were many miles down the road. So if you purchase anything make sure and check before you leave. I am sure it was just an oversight. Would eat there again just earlier!

Reviewed June 7, 2014

We made a road trip with my in-laws to Fredericksburg for a day of shopping and visiting the wineries in the Hill Country. This was the perfect lunch destination! The food was fresh and delicious! I had the sampler - loved the pimento cheese, chicken salad, tuna salad, and chilled avocado soup. My husband really liked the special soup they had that day - a Santa Fe corn soup - yum! The atmosphere is exactly what you want while you are in Fredericksburg as well - very quaint and lots of charm. We left satisfied and full - but not uncomfortable (which can happen at some of the heavier beer and sausage joints - especially when it is over 90 degrees outside). They even had gluten-free bread so the person with gluten sensitivity in our group got to have delicious sandwiches instead of the usual salad (although the salads looked wonderful). Highly recommend! They also have a cute store connected to the restaurant!

Reviewed June 5, 2014

So nice to be able to recommend this place and have it still be good years later. Started coming here about 20 years ago. Even bought the cookbook.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

I love this place. I have been eating at the Peach Tree for 30 years and it has always been consistently great. I love the cheese rolls, chicken salad and the soups are amazing. It was my grandmothers favorite place so we keep the tradition every time we are in town. Enjoy!

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Peach tTree has been family run and owned for 43 years and there is no better dining. Although many may think this restaurant is a chick place, the fabulous food should appeal to the guys too. Tip is to order the special and then take home amazing bread or the best pimento cheese ever. Try the Texana bread. Asiago cheese and pumpkin seeds. Mmmm.