Review Highlights
Beautiful location, roomy, and delicious

Reviewed June 12, 2018
Molly G
Best Texas Wine-Amazing!

Reviewed November 5, 2017
Linda L

All reviews boutique winery santamaria merlot fountain patio wines texas weekend tours
Reviewed June 12, 2018

Unique wines and beautiful atmosphere, the owner and his wife were so friendly. It was lovely out on the patio. Really recommend the special Merlot.

Date of experience: November 2017
1  Thank Molly G
Reviewed November 5, 2017

Martin Santamaria greeted us heartily when we first walked in. We started with the Merlot/Petit Verdot..wow, smoothe! Next was the Cabernet/Syrah blend and it too was just delicious. We were waiting for friends, so we went to the back patio and enjoyed the hill country view, the fountain, the comfortable seating while sipping on another Cabernet...another grand slam. This is by far the best Texas wine I've tried. We were there for three hours and enjoyed it the whole time. I can't say enough about this place and Martin's wines. Beautiful, just beautiful!

Date of experience: November 2017
4  Thank Linda L
Reviewed July 2, 2017 via mobile

A small boutique winery, with an owner and wine maker who is knowledgeable in the art of wine making (from Argentina) can give CA wines a run for their money. This warm husband and wife team, made us feel welcome as we enjoyed each sip. The reds from the Pinot Noir to the blends all were rich in flavor and exceeded our expectations of what we would find in a TX wine. No club, no pressure to buy. Just great wines well priced and we bought a case!!

Date of experience: July 2017
2  Thank Webekool2
Reviewed May 19, 2017

First off this winery has a bit of Argentinian flare! The (Argentinian) owner and his wife were both very friendly and welcoming to their winery. It's a small tasting room with great wines! I am not a huge red drinker but they converted me with their delicious Red Moscato... I quite literally drank and entire bottle while there and then bought a second to actually enjoy at home. They offer a lovely (covered) patio with a fountain that overlooks the beautiful Hill Country. But to make this place even better, on the weekend (Saturday) they offer an Argentinian type bbq and different foods. It's all amazing food, and would definitely recommend it on to others! I ordered the cheese/bread appetizer plate which was good and filling but then my husband ordered the meat sampler platter and it was all soo good! The meat was tender and delicious, hope to get back up for this soon! The wait staff was very friendly and considerate. I would highly recommend this winery on to others =)

Date of experience: May 2017
2  Thank sharkeygrad2014
Reviewed March 22, 2017

Absolutely love this boutique winery. The wines are amazing. The reds are robust, lush, and flavorful. I absolutely love their Rose, the Rosato. Also, the SantaMaria's are wonderful people. My husband and I always stop by Santa Maria when we're in town to enjoy a bottle of wine on the patio. And of course we are wine club members, for life.

Date of experience: March 2017