“Very overpriced for the quality, cleanliness, and the cheap decor.”

Fredericksburg Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Houston, Texas
“Very overpriced for the quality, cleanliness, and the cheap decor.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Since we have stayed in hotels on Congress Avenue in Austin for $159, at a rate of over $200 for this motel was not even worthy of a comparison between the two. The staff did not seem at all concerned when we complained of the fact that the walls are paper thin, the sink scratched up and dirty and the toilet was stained like a gas station toilet. If the price was lowered considerably, say around the $75 range, at least one would expect and receive some value for your $. The outside pool area was nicer than the rooms, but the website was very deceiving as far as portraying the property. It is a Motel 8-type venue, and not a good middle aged 'couples' place to rent. We got very little sleep due to the noise of the neighbors surrounding us, and the upstairs neighbor pacing pretty much all night long. We definitely will seek a better locale if we return. We were most disappointed with the customer service, but I can't say we weren't warned, as another couple stated the same when they checked out as well.

Room Tip: A/C wall units are noisy, and if you actually want sleep and this is the only property that has avai...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bitbythetravelbug_2
fbggm, General Manager at Fredericksburg Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
I am sorry to hear about your past stay with us. I apologize for any areas we did not measure up to your expectations and it sounds like there were many. We take the satification of each and every guest very seriously and follow up on all concerns. I would like to offer you a monitary consideration for your stay and discuss you directly. If you could eail me a phone number where I can reach you I would like to give you a call. My direct email is gm@fredericksburg-inn.com.
Again I apologie for your past stay and look forward to talking with you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Outdoor motels are not my style due to security concerns and this was no exception. Carpet was dirty and furniture was IKEA dorm room style. I would have been willing to pay $75 maybe. But certainly not $199 for this. The website photo section was very misleading so we did not know it was an outdoor entry motel.

Very disappointed overall. Will not return. The motel desperately needs an upgrade!

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Worldtraveler12227pz
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Spent 2 nights and enjoyed my stay very much, the hotel rooms are a bit dated but very clean and tidy, the staff were great and very helpfull, breakfast was average but for the price no complaints, parking was very convenient.

The location is fantastic, the easy walk to main street makes this Inn great value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Aubrey, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

We just returned from a three-night stay and could not have been happier. The staff is very friendly, the (free) breakfast is great, and the pool/hot tub are very nice. Yes, the room looked a bit worn, but it was large and clean, and suited our needs perfectly. The room rates are much better than others in the area, and the property is much nicer. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We chose a room on the second floor overlooking the pool. I was initially worried there would be ex...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Oakton, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Bottomline Up front: This is an awesome place and good value. I stayed in a suite which was roomy enough for my family of four and provided me and my wife with some much needed privacy from the kids. Rooms are standard but nice and clean. The pools and hottub area are top notch, breakfast was great and free and there is soda available 24/7 as well as fresh baked cookies in the afternoon. The staff was helpful; Tim checked me in when I got there and he was really helpful. The hotel is a easy walk to the heart of the city. I would definitely return and stay here again. This is my second trip to Fredericksburg and last time I stayed at the Best Western and I choose FIS over that hotel in a heartbeat!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

From the start we felt like we were at home. The pool area was as good as any 4 star resort. Breakfast was great and free. Soda beverages were available 24 - 7 and free as well. The desk manager Tim was a jewel, he was very very helpfull and nice to boot. Had fun and will be back over and over again.

Room Tip: Request poolside rooms. Bathrooms are not fancy but not one of my high Priorities as it was very cle...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Ok so here is the deal. Fredricksburg in my opinion is an awesome place to visit but accomodations are expensive for what you get. That being said some places are definitly better than others. On our last visit we stayed at the Inn on Barron Creek which is right across the street from this hotel, it was much better.So the Inn and Suites looks nice from the road and nice on the website. It is about $135 a night. It is a low rent motel in actuallity. The rooms are not charming and very motel 8.Maybe worse. This motel would be fine if they charged $75 a night. For $135 you feel very ripped off. Pay the extra $15 a night and stay across the street.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple