“Fine stay for the price.”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed February 21, 2012

My friends and I were looking for a reasonable night's stay for a Saturday in February. Most B&B's require a 2-night minimum. Comfort Inn does not. We liked the fact they offer complimentary hot breakfast, and they are off the main drag on a easily accessible street.
We did request a quiet room beforehand, and had to be moved due to the fact they placed us right next to the elevator. The 2nd room was 5 doors down, and was very quiet. It suited our purpose, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 7, 2011

Room was clean, nicely furnished and had a bonus kitchenette. I thought we had landed a great bargain. This was roomy and comfortable. THE NOISE TRANSFER IN THE ROOMS WAS INCREDIBLE. We listened to people talking and laughing in the next room. WE COULD HEAR ENTIRE CONVERSATIONS as folks were walking down the hall. It got worse. Every time water was running to a sink, toilet or shower you could hear it as if the pipes we next to your head. We got little sleep even in that comfortable bed. We will not stay here again. Not enough sound insulation. Probably a great place if your the one partiying and making the noise.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2011

We booked a handicap accessible room for 3 nights. Location was fine, exterior was presentable.

The room was clean but very small for use by a handicapped person. Also very poorly lighted. It was obviouslly an old motel that had been renovated but not recently. When we reached our room, the phones did not work and a lamp was unplugged from behind the headboard. Someone did come and plug in the lamp and discover that the phones had been plugged into the wrong jack. It was obvious that no one had checked the room over to be sure it was ready for the next occupants.

The "hot tub" was just an ordinary jetted bathtub that was not accessible for a person with physical limitations. It would be necessary to step up at least 24 inches and there were no grab bars or safety features of any kind near it.

The kitchenette was over crowed and not user friendly.

The bathroom roll-in shower was okay, but the hose on the showerhead was so short it could not be used from the shower bench, it was necessary to stand in order to get water onto your back defeating the purpose of having a roll in shower.

There was no place to hang a towel near the very small sink, no vanity top or shelf to place cosmetics, toothbrushes, etc anywhere near the sink.

The toilet was not only not chair height compliant with ADA suggestions as needed by a handicapped person, but was actually shorter than an ordinary toilet in a common home. Very difficult to use for a person with a handicap.

The high speed internet advertised was not high speed, but quite slow.

The breakfast foods that were supposed to be hot were lukewarm or cold.

Overall it was not a pleasant stay, I would not reccomend it to anyone, let alone someone who needed a handicapped accessible room.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2011

This hotel meets the high end of quality for the Choice Hotel chain. We were greeted warmly on arrival by the receptionist James. He was also very helpful in recommending a local taxi service for our use during our visit to the Oktoberfest festival and making local restraunt suggestions. The rooms were clean throughout.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed September 2, 2011

They updated the exterior and lobby but forgot the rooms. This place is the pits, old, stinky, and wornout. The door was broken, the carpet dirty the furniture is falling apart, wall paper falling off the wall, no desk, no outlets for a computer, Just an old, outdated run down hotel with a new exterior. NEVER NEVER NEVER.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank mike b
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Great Place to stay good rooms, Clean, Modern, Limited breakfast area and computer access.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank garygorsich
Reviewed August 2, 2010

My husband and I were planning a trip to Fredericksburg and made a reservation at the Comfort Inn there. I specifically asked the reservation agent at the front desk what their cancellation policy was and he said that it was 3pm on the date of arrival. I repeated back the information and he confirmed it. Our plans changed and I called at 2:15 the afternoon of arrival to cancel the reservation and was told by the Kim at the front desk that I was too late - I should have cancelled the day before. When I told her what the other gentleman had said, she said I must have misunderstood. All they could do was try to rebook the room but if they couldn't, they would charge my credit card for the night's stay. After arguing with her back and forth, I asked to speak to the manager. She said he was unavailable and I asked for his name so I could call him back. She had a bad attitude and would only give me his first name, Mike, and said she couldn't give me the last name. She said she would try to reach him. I hung up and waited to hear from him. I called back again before 3pm as I wanted to make sure that I was following the original reservation agent's instructions and was told that she hadn't been able to contact the manager and that I would have to wait until she could talk to the James, the original reservations agent.
I also contacted the 1/800 number online, and they told me that since I had called the hotel directly to make the reservation, they (the 1/800) would not be able to help me and hung up on me!!!
Today is Monday, August 2, and I have yet to hear from the manager at the Comfort Inn.
I will not only never stay at a Comfort Inn again, I will positively never recommend this hotel to a friend or anyone else for that matter!

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple