“Great Food and Great Atmosphere!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Otto's

Otto's
Cuisines: German, European
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Antonio, Texas
“Great Food and Great Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2014

Had dinner there after driving by the day before and it caught my eye. It was like having dinner at your best friends house and he happens to be a chef! The meal tasted like it was individually made. My husband and I selected two different things from the menu and both were outstanding. The chocolate cake with peanut butter meringue was to die for! Service was very good. Atmosphere was very relaxed. Definitely would return to Otto's.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Dinner with mom. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

My mother and I had dinner here on August 28th and we had such a great experience. The menu changes on a regular basis so if you don't like anything on the published menu on the website I would still take a chance and go!

I had the sage gnocchi which was very tasty but my mother's pork schnitzel was way better! Oh also do yourself a favor and get the caramel cheesecake. It was a blue cheese based cheesecake which may sound weird but it was delicious.

Otto's used to be a house and they've repurposed it into a restaurant so it is quite small. They only take reservations for groups of 6 or more but I think this place would be worth having a drink and waiting.

If this place was in a city like Houston or Austin it could definitely hold it's own as a trendy dinner spot.

1 Thank Catmaldo
Bastrop, Texas
“Unique”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

The wine is delicious, affordable, and local. The menu is small, but well executed. We ordered the scallops and they were served cold/raw? Not expecting that. The waiter went to the kitchen, which is visible, and returned to ask if we would like them seared. We did and they were perfect. The German version of flatbread, can't remember the name, were fresh and I had it for my entree. It was a little salty for my taste, but my companion loved it. We also ordered the salmon and it was the best salmon I've ever had. We shared it and it was plenty of food for the two of us. The corn pudding that accompanied it was a great balance and very fresh. All of the food that went by our table looked amazing. The menu changes weekly and I can't wait to go back and try more dishes and wine. Oh, the cheesecake was really amazing. Not too sweet. Perfect ending to the meal. Did I mention the wine? It was awesome!

Visited August 2014
Fort Worth, Texas
“Bad food at high prices”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

Some friends took us here based on the ratings, what a mistake. After waiting quite awhile, we were seated outside (not our choice, but a longer wait if not) and it was very hot still. Drinks took long to come and the food was even longer. Once it arrived it was a very small portion. The sauage was good, but the potatos were undercooked and the saurkraut was too salty to eat. There are better German Restaurants on Main St., go there.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank MarkT29
Katy, Texas, United States
“Late night snack”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014

Otto's is a new place in town, just down the street from where we were staying. We only had salad and appetizers but were very impressed. The appetizer was a flat bread with all kinds of good stuff on it. I hear they change the menu every week. I look forward to going back again. Get reservations, it is always packed.

Visited July 2014

Been to Otto's? Share your experiences!