“Service, flavor, uniqueness 5-star.”
Review of Otto's

Otto's
Ranked #11 of 145 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: European, German
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I love Ottos. I celebrated my sweetheart's 30 year retirement along with two special friend's wedding anniversary there and the food, the atmosphere, the wine, the friendly smiling service, the sincere interest as to how our evening went... it all added up to one of those occasions you truly hope for. Highly recommended. You can walk around one of the nicest small towns in south central Texas, sipping wine, shopping, looking over the world-class WW2 museum, sampling local beers, sitting in the sunshine or enjoying a cooler evening... and then walk one block over to Ottos and end the day with a heartwarming dining experience. Loved it. Have also participated in a birthday party they catered and it was highly professionally and tastefully complete.

1  Thank paca1957

Reviewed April 9, 2014

On a recent trip to Fredericksburg, we stopped in the small town of Hye. When we asked for a good place to eat, we were told there are several very good restaurants Fredericksburg, but if you want something a little different, we needed to try Otto's. This was one of the best meals I have ever eaten. We were told their menu changes weekly, but the Duck Schnitzel had been on their menu for the past 3 weeks. I am so glad it was. I ordered the Duck Schnitzel topped with a fried egg and foie gras. I cannot express how delicious it was. It was served with spatzle and rotkohl, which I have never eaten, but thoroughly enjoyed. My girlfriend ordered the Steak Frites served with steak fries and sauteed greens and a red wine reduction. Her meal was very good, but the duck was spectacular. The young lady that served us that night was very nice and very attentive. I would and will recommend this restaurant to everyone!

1  Thank PartTimeGent
Reviewed April 9, 2014

On the plus side, the atmosphere and service were excellent. There were a limited number of choices on the menu. I had the hanger steak which was cooked perfectly and very good and came with a potato and vegetables.. My husband thought that the pork tenderloin was tasteless, except for the sauce. I thought that the prices were good, but I'm not a fan of paying $5 for bread and butter. It did come with bacon chutney (chopped up bacon with a sweetener), which was interesting, but we mainly stuck with butter.

Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

We visited on our second night. The first night we toured the Main Street but lots of the places were soulless and serving mass produced food.

We received a couple of recommendations from locals re Ottos which is on the street parallel with main street.

The waitress was the friendliest, warmest and intelligent person we have met.

The food was amazing, the ambiance was typical of a 5* European restaurant with food quality to match. It's a little more expensive than most but the quality surpasses the price.

A must visit for any discerning food lover. If we come back to Fredericksburgh we would visit again!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We had a lovely meal at Otto's! The service was very good and the food delicious. Local beer and wine are available and the portion sizes are generous. We'd definitely eat here again! A lovely way to enjoy Fredericksburg in the evening.

Been to Otto's? Share your experiences!