“A very knowledgeable wine maker”

Inwood Estates Winery and Bistro
Ranked #36 of 106 things to do in Fredericksburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Named in the "Best 101 Wineries in America" for the third year in a row by The Daily Meal, NY, July 17, you no longer need to travel all the way to Napa Valley for great wine in America, it's right in your backyard. Recognized by the great Robert Parker as one of the "50 Wineries Worth Discovering in Canada and the 'Other 46 States'". Come visit us at Inwood's newest venture in Fredericksburg; where our Bistro features scrumptious cheeses, homemade wine snacks and salads and pallet pleasing hot plates.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have visited over 100 wineries and I don't know if I have ever met someone as knowledgeable as this wine maker. He doesn't have a lot of personality, kind of like a mad scientist lost in his work or a professor giving a boring lecture. His wines though, his wines were very impressive, more than I expected to find when I went off wine tasting in Fredericksburg. His wines were individually crafted to compete with some of the great vineyards of the world and I found that fascinating. My favorite was "Cornelious" 100% Tempranillo, it had complexity that I had not expected from Texas wines before this weekend. I found all of the wines to be very good and worth the money. The wines started around $40 and went up to $70. The tasting room is small, but professional looking with a small horseshoe shaped bar. There is a bar next door, but I did not get a chance to stop in there. I will definitely be back and will be looking for his wines in all my favorite restaurants.

1  Thank Barron B

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Really?! Sure, the place looks nice from the outside. We thought we would give a whirl at their wine tastings. The man doing these tastings (only one man there working) had absolutely no personality and was just borderline rude. He failed to mention before the tasting that he only has 5 wines and the are all red. We completely disliked every wine there.

Don't. Waste. Your. Money.

1  Thank Ashley B
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We used Travel Zoo, a huge mistake, to book this visit. Inwood Estates promised a $62 lunch and a tour of their winery, plus two free signature wine glasses for a mere $29.
This place is a complete rip off. Their winery is a converted Biker Bar, a field of near dead vines, and an empty wine storage area. The current crop was lost due to a cold snap in May.
There is a high pressure pitch to buy 3 wine tastings
for $24.00 a couple. That's 6 ounces of wine.
We declined their tasting so they removed our free
wine glasses. They had three microscopic pieces of "artisan" cheese that must have been cut with a razor blade and tweezers.
Our "lunch" consisted of one half of a ham and cheese sandwich, and two small crusts of bread with ground Pistachio nuts and a cucumber slice.
There was no wine or other beverage served, but you could purchase half a glass of their wine for $11.
Their wine is very overpriced and geared to uninformed tourists.
Two lessons learned;
1. Avoid Inwood Estates Winery and Bistro.
2. Never ever touch a deal from "Travel Zoo".
They have been stonewalling me for three days.

4  Thank bobemac
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Excellent, fresh and high quality light salads and sandwiches. The prices are very reasonable for the quality of food served. Highly recommend this new bistro during a day of wine tasting or just an enjoyable lunch. The service is alittle slow, but they will probably hire more help once business picks up, so don't be in a hurry.