“A really savory meal at a good price”
Review of Mamacita's

Mamacita's
Ranked #14 of 143 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: Mexican, South American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My boyfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Mamacita's. We hadn't read any reviews and simply wanted to have a good Mexican style meal. Well, we certainly did. From the second we stepped into this restaurant, everything about it was great. The decor was very colourful but tasteful and we were accompanied to our table almost immediately. Our waitress, Tracey B. was charming and helpful and went out of her way to make the occasion memorable. My Guisada Monterrey with chicken and my boyfriend's with beef were delicious as were the tostadas and salsa served before. We might have also ordered one of the seemingly succulent desserts but were sated by then. We will definitely make a point of returning to this restaurant at some point.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Never disappointed! Always fresh, hot and reasonably priced. We have been to the one in Kerville and San Antonio and all are great! Great servers!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I followed the advice of many of the fellow reviewers on Trip Advisor and tried Mamacita's for dinner. My wife and I enjoyed the atmosphere there. The queso flameado was very good. My wife enjoyed her fajitas. I loved the chicken mole. The mole sauce had the right amount of heat and a little sweetness to boot. Overall, Mamacita's offered good food at a very reasonable price.

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

The food was overall pretty good. We had beef fajitas which were a little fatty. We also had the carnitas, I thought they were dry but my mom loved them, so to each his own.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Not the best Mexican food I've had. The enchiladas were a little tough. I did not like the stuffed jalapeños. I was expecting them to be filled with cheese, but instead it was all sour cream...kind of weird.