“made our days”

Ranked #46 of 144 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed April 30, 2014

On our way back from touring the "Texas whitehouse", we were starving. We asked someone at a traffic stop, "any good place to eat?" He steered us here. My husband had brat, cabbage etc and topped it off with peach cobbler. I had chicken and dumplings served with a HUGE slice of delicious cornbread. Busy place, good servce.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

This is an old restaurant but quaint. I had a chicken salad sandwich on a croissant. it was really good. The soup of the day was potato and it had no taste at all. My boyfriend also tried the plate of bratwurst, red cabbage and German potato salad. The potato salad was not German and it looked like it was just sliced potatoes in gravy. But, it was a good value for the money - inexpensive. Our server was nice and very friendly.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We ordered several items, potatoe soup, fried okra, onion rings, hamburgers and turkey burgers. The turkey burger was a frozen patty which I did not expect. The soup was very watery and not much flavor, the onion rings were ok. Not a place we would go back to.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

My husband and I ate here while shopping and sightseeing. We were seated very quickly and it was right at lunchtime. We both had the soup and salad and enjoyed it very much. The soup was potato soup and had a great flavor. It came with salad and a fruit salad. We also got their cornbread covered with cheese and jalapeños. It was huge so we shared it. Our lunch there was delightful and we recommend it highly.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

My wife and I had lunch while on our vacation. The place was very busy but the hostess was very nice and got us seated very quickly. The service was very prompt and the food was great.

I had the Reuben sandwich and it was fantastic. I didn't care for the sides, but no biggie, the sandwich made up for that.

Been to Wheeler's? Share your experiences!