“My Favorite Place in Fredericksburg to eat”

Cabernet Grill Texas Wine Country Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed June 22, 2010

Have thoroughly enjoyed our meals here. Last time we visited Fredericksburg, they were closed on Sunday and Monday, so Tuesday we went on our way back home. Was totally disappointed that I couldn't have lunch off of the menu, but had to have the buffet - that's all there was. But got to sample the pork tenderloin and pecan crusted chicken dishes and was VERY pleased. Will definitely be going back on our next visit in August.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,686)

Reviewed June 21, 2010

Wishing I had stopped by the side of the road BBQ place called Cranky Franks instead. This place was over priced and not worth it. I ended up going for lunch so all they had was the buffet. The catfish looked dried up and the other option was questionable. I went with soup and salad- nothing special. Outside atmosphere is unique, but I would not recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed June 19, 2010

Four of us went to this restaurant last night for our anniversary. John, our waiter was attentive at the beginning of the meal, but after that, he was very busy and had little time for us. We had to ask for just about everything.
The food however, for the most part, was excellent. The escargot was some of the best I've ever tasted, the coconut shrimp was yummy and a large portion, the stuffed trout was great but huge, we could have easily split it. The chicken fried pork steak was too thin and just ok. The bread pudding dessert was dry; the ice cream helped.
The carpeted main room is lovely with the stained glass windows, and you can hear the conversation. Lots of character with the old mill on the wall.

Reviewed June 14, 2010

I live here and had been hearing about this place for a while before trying it out. I did not think the food was all that good. Personally I can find better places to eat in Fbg. Expensive!

Reviewed May 27, 2010

We schedule several trips to Fredericksburg annually with the Cabernet Grill one of the top things on the list of the "TO DO" list in the Texas Hill Country. Come hungry and try the Trio (grilled quail, pork tenderloin and beef tenderloin tails) the best I have ever eaten period! Great ambiance both inside and out, wait staff is unparalleled in my opinion.
Terry Kirkland