“The Cabernet Grill is THE place for fine dining in Fredericksburg, Texas!”

Cabernet Grill Texas Wine Country Restaurant
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Southwestern, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Richmond, Texas
“The Cabernet Grill is THE place for fine dining in Fredericksburg, Texas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2009

The portions are generous and well presented. The waite staff are professional and amicable. I had the rib eye and it melted in my mouth. Both my wife and i have a check mark in the "to visit again" column the next time we are in Fredericksburg.

League City, TX
“Some of the best beef, pork, and quail I have ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2009

I highly recommend getting the combination entree with beef tenderloin, pork, and quail. It was outstanding! We started with the crab au gratin which was very good and ended with the fried pecan pie, which was also very good - but that meat entree was some of the best food I have ever eaten!

san antonio
“#1 rating well deserved!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2009

i was REALLY wanting to sample some german cuisine during my trip to fredericksburg, but was put off by the very - VARIED - mix of reviews given the top picks... so i went in search of some other special place for me and my hubbie to celebrate our anniversary.

i was so happy to have stumbled upon this site, and this restaurant! the cabernet grill definitely deserves it's number 1 ranking.

i DID make reservations as recommended, and i wouldn't recommend just showing up without one, especially on the weekend - it WAS busy. we were planning on arriving later than we did, so we had a LOT of time before our reservation time. but a quick call to the cabernet grill found that they would be able to move us up and accomodate us earlier.

the decor is nice, upscale but still with a casual feel, it wasn't stuffy or "exclusive" feeling, just comfortable. we were taken to a table upstairs, which was nice and cozy.

we decided on the crab gratin for the appetizer, which was deliciously RICH! it was very good, but a little on the heavy side.

for entrees, we both had shrimp, i had the sesame crusted and my husband had cilantro pesto grilled - both were wonderful! the shrimp were nice, plump, juicy and PLENTIFUL, i think we both were served about a dozen. the cilantro pesto was a nice compliment to the shrimp and wasn't overpowering like i was afraid it might be. the sesame seed in the breading on my shrimp gave a nice nutty taste that again complimented the shrimp nicely. i had the wild rice - which was flavorful and moist, and we both had the green beans - perfect - just crisp tender with a nice flavor. the waiter was able to recommend a local wine (i'm just a novice when it comes to wine) that paired nicely with my dish.

for dessert, we couldn't resist trying the deep fried pecan pie - but since we were pleasantly full from our meal, we got it to go. i think something was lost in the "transportation" as it wasn't great - just okay. it would probably have been better hot from the fryer.

i think our total bill including tax and tip and my wine was $85.00. given the generous portion sizes and the fact that we had an appetizer, 2 entrees, dessert and wine, i'd say it was pretty reasonable too!

we would definitely return to Cabernet Grill on another visit.

Texas
“Great food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2009

Dinner for 6 on 5/9/09 - we had steak, trout, and quail and everything was great! Service was excellent - portions were large. We ordered one piece of the chocolate mouse cake for dessert to share, and it was the perfect ending. My only complaint was that it was a little warm and the air conditioner could have been turned down a bit.

Texas
“Outstanding Dinner in a wonderful setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2009

The service was excellent. The restaurant setting was very pleasing, warm and inviting.
The food and wine could not have been better. It was outstanding.
I think it would be appropriate to state - This is fine dining.