“Good food bad Hostess”

Cabernet Grill Texas Wine Country Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We are locals and like this place a lot. We came with family from out of town and were told they couldn't seat a group of 5 even if we waited. Not sure why a hostess would let people walk out the door instead of trying to work something out. In the past we've always liked the food and the service is great. Just work on getting us seated!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,686)

999 - 1,003 of 1,686 reviews

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I have no idea why this restaurant is #1 on Tripadvisor. The food was just OK nothing special. The drinks were just OK nothing to brag about. They do have an extensive wine list, but I think it was more for show than anything else. The service was good, but we did have to wait almost an hour for a table and there is no bar in which to get a drink to help pass the wait time. The atmosphere was very pretentious for a restaurant in Fredericksburg, Texas. There was certainly no "Hill Country Charm" here. I would not recommend this restaurant unless you are want to spend a lot of money on a mediocre meal.

3  Thank Denise T
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My wife and I were so excited to eat here after the great reviews but could not have been more disappointed. When we checked in, we informed the hostess that it was our 10 year anniversary. Nothing special was done to help us celebrate this great day. I had the 12oz ribeye and my wife the pecan chicken and the plates were average at best. The quality of the food certainly did not match the high prices that were charged. I would also pass on the Perdernales Texas Tempranillo (2011) and were equally disappointed. Being from Houston, we are spolied by the abundant, excellent choices but would look elsewhere in Fredericksburg.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We had reservations so we were seated immediately; upstairs near the fireplace. My husband ordered the quail dinner and I had the snapper. My husband had wine, I had a chocolate martini, which is fabulous. The food is great, the atmosphere is wonderful, our waiter was very attentive, we didn't feel rushed. It was a very relaxing experience. When we go back to Fredricksburg, we will most definitely eat at the Cabernet Grill. It's worth it. It was our anniversary. I would say, this would be the perfect restaurant to dine at for that special occasion.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We had a delightful meal here on our last vacation to Fredericksburg. I had the buffalo enchiladas; they were absolutely spectacular. We also had a apple pie with caramel ice cream that was suggested by the server. It was awesome. The atmosphere is also lovely.