“Consistently great. Great service. Check out the fried pecan pie with Jack Daniel's ice cream.”

Cabernet Grill Texas Wine Country Restaurant
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Fredericksburg, Texas
Reviewed August 9, 2008

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Reviewed August 5, 2008

We always include a trip to the Cotton Gin whenever we visit Fredericksburg.. The service is wonderful and the food - oh, the food! I wish that we were closer so that wecould go more often. This is a must stop for anyone visiting Frederickburg - the lucky people who live there know to visit often.

Reviewed August 5, 2008

Being from Houston, you would think finding a really good steak dinner is an easy task. However, as many different places we have gone to, I must say, the best steak I've had in years was at The Cotton Gin. At my first glance over the menu, the first thought was, this place is a little pricey, but after eating the meal, this place is priced just right! Excellent food. The quality of the Surf & Turf really took me off guard. I was not expecting it to be so good. My wife commented that the salad was excellent as well. My wife and I would like to thank The Cotton Gin and it's terrific staff for making our visit to Fredricksburg that much more enjoyable. We came as part of our 20yr aniversary and are very happy we did. The Cotton Gin is something will remember and talk about often!

Great Food!!!! I promise, on our next visit to Fredricksburg, we will definately dine at The Cotton Gin!

Sincerely

Kevin Smith

Reviewed August 4, 2008

I have toured your facilities on several occasions, as the Bed and Breakfast has always attracted me. But this was the first time I took the time to eat in your establishment, and I must say, it will be revisited the next time I come to Fredricksburg. The service was top notch and the food delicious and different. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone interested in good food and a romantic evening out. The atmosphere in the old gin is wonderful.

Reviewed August 4, 2008

On a recent trip to Fredericksburg to attend the Salsa Festival, my wife, daughter, and her fiancé dined at the Cotton Gin Restaurant.

Before going into the restaurant we walked the grounds and viewed the rustic cottages. The cottages, ponds, and fire pits were great backdrops for pictures.

We then went into the restaurant where we were greeted by the owner. He seated us immediately.

Our waitress was pleasant, and very knowledgeable about the restaurants favorite entrees.

Each of us chose a different entrée knowing we would be sampling each others meal. Each meal was perfect.

I very much liked the pork tenderloin, which was a large portion of tender pork served with a fantastic herb rice pilaf. The filet mignon was excellent; juicy and tender.

If you travel to Fredericksburg it would be worth your while to stop at the Cotton Gin Restaurant for a fine dining experience.