“Great dinner!”

Cabernet Grill Texas Wine Country Restaurant
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Southwestern, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Dallas, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great dinner!”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Cabernet Grill was recommended to us by the owner of the Chuckwagon Inn B&B where we were staying and it was a real winner. Two of us had the Grill House salad which was excellent...the ginger lime vinaigrette was perfect! My husband had the Caesar salad and said it was great...and my son had the "Two Pig" Spinach salad--we all tried a bite of it--outstanding! Entrees ordered: 2 had Filet Mignon, 1 had ribeye, and 1 had Cajun seasoned Red Snapper w jumbo lump crab. All the steaks were cooked exactly to order and well seasoned. The snapper was perfectly cooked, moist, not dry, crab and sauce--delicious. Side veggies were good complements to the main course--very tasty! Unfortunately since the bread, salads, and entrees were so good we all cleaned our plates and had no room for dessert...which we heard from other diners were excellent. Next time we will save some room! Our server was Korina--she was great! We will definitely ask for her when we go again!

• Visited March 2014

Lubbock, Texas
“Excellent Meal!”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Visited this restaurant with a couple of friends. We ordered appetizers, everyone ordered a different entree and desserts. Everything was fabulous! We were very pleased and felt that we got a good value. The atmosphere is wonderful and would love to come back when the weather allows for us to sit outside.

Belton, Texas
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Went here for a birthday celebration. Food was very good; I had the steak and lobster, my fiancé had steak and shrimp. Both were delicious. ....highly recommend the cheesy grits! Very romantic atmosphere if your looking for a nice quite dinner. They have a great selection of Texas wines from the local wineries!

Houston, Texas
“Eat here so long as you eat what we tell you to eat.”
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

John, the waiter who took our order, was perfectly willing to serve us so long as we did as we were told. I explained to John that I had had one heart attack and wasn't particularly keen to have a second. This elicited a pretty blank stare. I wanted to order the surf and turf but wanted grilled shrimp instead of coconut crusted fried shrimp. John's response: "no can do". The green beans that came with the order had butter on them. John assured me that they could not be cooked without butter. I finally asked to speak to the manager. Equally emphatically, I assured her that John would no longer be serving us. She agreed and replaced him with Amy. She also agreed to have the shrimp grilled and the green beans cooked without butter. I'm sure tomorrow it will be business as usual as I was made to feel like I was a burden to the restaurant. The hospitality business needs to learn that they are here to serve the customer and not the other way around. Long term, the only way is to vote with your feet.

4 Thank PDuddy1
Cypress, Texas
“Awesome Food”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We had our anniversary dinner at Cabernet Grill last Saturday, the food was fantastic. I am always a bit hesitant ordering steak at a restaurant as it is typically overcooked. My filet came out a perfect medium rare, the best steak I've ever had at a restaurant. My boyfriend ordered the shrimp and grits which were also delicious.
Our server, Trent while a nice young man wasn't very attentive and didn't come by very often. Another server brought out our food and we didn't see Trent until we were finished...glad the chef did a good job and that we really didn't need him. The next time we saw him we asked for the check and handed him our card at the same time, wasn't sure when we'd see him again.
We will defiantly visit the restaurant again on our next visit...just hope to get better service!