“Texas twist”

Cabernet Grill Texas Wine Country Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Colleyville, Texas
“Texas twist”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

This is an incredible menu - something for everyone and accommodates all types of diets. There are creative Texas twists to old standby's and well prepared American Contemporary fare.

Visited January 2014

Cedar Falls, Iowa
“Excellent food and neat dining room, but could improve”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

The food here was very good and the renovated old structure and neat dining room were a plus. They feature an extensive all-Texas wine list that was very nice. Unfortunately, they served these nice big red Texas wines in cheap tiny glasses that were completely wrong for the wine. We had much nicer glasses in our car from a day of wine tasting that I should have retrieved. Hopefully they can consult with local wineries and get this corrected.

Visited January 2014
Fredericksburg, Texas
“poor front end service”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We made a reservation for Saturday evening for a party of eight for a birthday celebration.
Did not get the time slot we wanted but took an earlier one. We were told would have to leave
credit card info in the event that we were unable to make it to the restaurant would be charged
25 dollars per person.Some kind of policy I have never experienced!! Then I was told basically
we would have to be finished eating in 2 hours because another party was coming.Food was
good management poor!!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank russelle469
McAllen, Texas
“Cabernet Grill”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Super nice Restaurant!! We love it!. is the second time my husband and I come to this restaurant, And we always are very satisfied. The waitress knew everything about the menu, wine, and dessert. We really enjoyed.
Then staying right there in the cabins! Wawwww!!! beautiful, and very comfortable.
Thank you!! Highly Recommended.

• Visited December 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Good but not awesome.”
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided we wanted to try Cabernet Grill while visiting Fredericksburg after a day at the vineyards. We had made reservations for 6 but ended up arriving at 5 PM and took a chance that they could seat us which they very willingly did. Our server was excellent. The atmosphere is nice. We had been tasting wine during the day and decided not to order any alcohol so we can't comment on drinks or wine offerings. We did see a wine cellar behind glass. We ordered two appetizers (escargot & crab cakes). They both were excellent! We highly recommend them. My husband ordered the chicken fried ribeye and it was excellent and we would order that again. Unfortunately, I ordered the grilled ribeye medium rare. The Cabernet wasabi sauce that I ordered along with the steak was excellent but my ribeye was not tender. We grill ribeye steaks often and we know that ribeye should be tender. For the price that we paid for the ribeye at Cabernet Grill it should have melted in my mouth. But in fact, I had to chew and chew each bite. So I would not recommend the grilled ribeye. We each ordered a desert . I had the chocolate bread pudding and my husband had the apple cobbler. My bread pudding was good but his apple cobbler was excellent. We would return but will not ever order the grilled ribeye again.