“EXCELLENT ALL AROUND!”

Cabernet Grill Texas Wine Country Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We are from the Texas Coast and I would say I am a coconut shrimp aficionado, I had the surf and turf and the coconut shrimp was truly the best I've ever eaten. My husband had the Mixed grill and loved it as well. It's a quaint place, the service is excellent, a great price point and the food is outstanding!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,722)

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We had Pecan crusted Crab Cakes and Antelope Chili and a salad. It was late evening and we were looking for a lite appetizer, and a couple of glasses of wine. The appetizers, as well as the wines were excellent. This was our second visit to The Cabernet Grill. It was exceptional food as we'll as the service! Try it ,we promise you will be thrilled!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

The Cabernet Grill is a must in Fredrickburg for a great evening meal. Reservations required, though they can be made easily online. There were four in our party, though it would have made a great romantic evening for two. Every entree was wonderful. We didn't have desserts ( really wanted to, I'm sure they're fantastic). Be sure and get there early as the grounds are interesting to explore a little before dinner. Menu is not large, but QUALITY. Mmmm

Reviewed November 8, 2013

The menu warns against ordering meat cooked medium well or well done. Pay attention to this.
I asked the server for pink, not red. Got overly well done. Very disappointing in a restaurant of this caliber.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

This is a wonderful restaurant, my wife and I enjoyed a chicken dish and a shrimp dish, both of which were excellent. The wait staff did an excellent
job with specific recommendations and the food was top notch. We will
definitely go back next time we are in Fredricksburg.