“Get Serious”

Cabernet Grill Texas Wine Country Restaurant
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed July 2, 2008

I mean are you kidding me? The best restaurant in the U.S.? That's just laugable!! Its decent but in NO way anything special. The people are great but come on. As the great oracle Kendall Carr once said, "Get Serious!!"

Write a ReviewReviews (1,752)

Reviewed July 1, 2008

My husband and I was taken there by my sister-in-law for a birthday dinner for myself. We had just been shopping in Fredricksburg and had planned on eating there as there is a lot of good restaurants and she suggested going to the Cotton Gin.
It was on our way to Kerrville where we were staying.

Wow! We were really glad and very delighted. The staff was great. The meal absolutely great! Very tasty and prepared as ordered. Hardly any wait and the place was packed.

I would recommend this place without a second thought. In fact, the next time my sister comes to Houston I am planning on taking her there. Would like to try out the little cabins they have on site for the night.

Reviewed June 30, 2008

The food was wonderful as well as the service. I dont think i have ever had a steak that good ever!!!! cant wait to go back!!

Reviewed June 25, 2008

We have driven twice in the past week form San Antonio to eat at this restaruant. The name has changed (to the Cabernet Grill) but the food is still terrific...as is the hospitality and service. We especially enjoy the pecan crusted cat fish, though we have tried many of the other ente=rees with equal satisfaction. the an=mbiance of this place is relaxing, and even though often full of customers, is a great location for a "quiet meal." Please keep up the great work. we will be back soon...

Reviewed June 17, 2008

Overall experience was amazing. Food...to die for, couldnt eat the full serving and yet felt ok leaving it behind knowing I had experienced something wonderful, the service... impeccable

Looking forward to the wine tasting dinners, staying in the quaint cottage and NO KIDS!

Cant wait to return!